MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
SRO

Reged: 12/22/07
PDA as Music Source - Output Low
      #29277 - 12/22/07 07:43 AM

When using my Asus A626 PDA as a music source through auxillary jacks on my receiver the output is low. I am assuming the signal from the PDA is not strong enough without additional preamplification. Does anyone know if this is true for all PDAs, MP3s and IPods? I was looking at a TCC TC-780LC Stereo Line Level Amp / Booster from phonopreamps.com to resolve the issue. Does anyone have experience in this area and can provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA as Music Source - Output Low [Re: SRO]
      #29278 - 12/22/07 10:45 AM

The ASUS' headphone jack isn't line-level out, but rather a headphone jack. Line-level out is constant volume with no trace power (headphones need a tiny, tiny bit of electricity to drive them). The AUX jack probably expects a line level out, while the PDA is outputting variable headphone level out. I'm assuming the volume on the ASUS is set to near max?

I don't find the headphone out on the iPod and Zune to be extremely low, though I'd say they're a bit lower than a component CD player for example (vol is set high on the players).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Edited by LisaG (12/22/07 10:52 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3969

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage