Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
iPod News: Creative Introduces XDock HD
      #29363 - 01/07/08 11:43 PM

Creative, a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products, today introduced the Xdock HD, the ultimate iPod dock for your home theater system. It's the only iPod dock that upconverts your video to 720p or 1080i resolution and your music to X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity(R). The Xdock HD plays video on an HDTV in full DTS surround sound and it can also wirelessly play music through X-Fi Wireless Receivers connected to speakers throughout the home. The Xdock HD is designed for use with the iPod(R) Touch, iPod Classic, new iPod Nano and previous-generation iPods.

The Xdock HD connects to a home theater system via HDMI, or it can be connected with component or composite for video and analog line-out or optical line-out for audio. While it docks and charges an iPod, the Xdock HD outputs a menu to an HDTV screen which users can navigate with the included wireless remote to select videos, music, photos and podcasts stored on select iPod models. Users can also adjust video settings including skin tone correction, luminescence sharpening and color saturation. The remote also controls audio functions including volume and the X-Fi Crystalizer(R) and X-Fi CMSS(R)-3D.

Creative's award-winning X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity is produced with X-Fi Crystalizer and X-Fi CMSS-3D technologies. The X-Fi Crystalizer makes MP3s sound better than CDs by analyzing and identifying which parts of the audio stream have been truncated or damaged during compression. It then selectively restores the highs and lows from instruments and vocals that are lost during the compression of MP3s. X-Fi CMSS-3D creates virtual surround sound through speakers or headphones. It expands audio for superior headphone listening so music completely surrounds the listener.

In addition to connecting directly to your home theater system, the Xdock HD can wirelessly distribute music throughout your home to X-Fi Wireless Receivers up to 100 feet away without requiring a wireless network. There are two different modes you can select for wireless distribution of music in your home: broadcast to all receivers simultaneously or select individual zones. The Xdock HD and each X-Fi Wireless Receiver can be controlled with its own remote to activate X-Fi Crystalizer and X-Fi CMSS-3D, adjust volume, and control video and music playback.

Pricing and Availability
The Creative Xdock HD includes one X-Fi Wireless Receiver to wirelessly connect to a pair of remote speakers, and will be available in Spring 2008 for US$399.99. Additional X-Fi Wireless Receivers will be available for US$99.99.

For more information, please visit the official site.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our 5G iPod Video review:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod/iPod-video.htm

Read our iPod nano review:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod/iPod-nano.htm

Read our reviews of iPod accessories:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM7
Altec Lansing imMotion imMini iPod Speakers
Bose SoundDock Speakers
DLO iBoom Boombox
Radian iBlast Speakers
Ignitek iCruiser 430 Speakers
i.Sound and i.Sound 4X Speakers
i.Sound MAX Speaker System
JBL on stage II Speakers
Klipsch iGroove Speakers
Logitech mm50 Speakers
XtremeMac MicroBlast Speakers

Etymotic ER-6i Isolator Earhphones
v-moda Remix adn Bass Freq Headphones
XtremeMac FS1 High Definition Earbuds

AnyCom BluNa
Bluetake i-Phono BT420EX Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Transmitter
IOGEAR Bluetooth Stereo Headphone Kit with Transmitter

Griffin iTrip and iTrip mini
Neuros Recorder 2 Plus
DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Griffin iTalk Pro Stereo Microphone for iPod

More News. . .

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3865

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage