Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
iPod News: Myvu Announces Myvu Shades and Myvu Crystal
      #29366 - 01/08/08 06:02 AM

Myvu Corporation, the world leader in video eyewear, debuted a new generation of myvu personal media viewers with myvu shades and myvu crystal. Both new viewers turn portable media players into hands-free, private cinemas - all in a fashionable pair of sunglasses. In partnership with INNO Design, Myvu worked with world-famous Young Kim, who designed myvu Shades.

Myvu Shades features a glance-down design that allows viewers to maintain true situational awareness. This unique design provides a broad and unobstructed field of view that enables new applications and uses that were not possible before. Myvu Crystal features an increased resolution from Quarter VGA to VGA quality without sacrificing its sleek, ergonomic design. In addition, myvu Crystal has a 35% increase in the field of view over existing myvu models, providing true DVD quality. Built for durability, myvu Crystal still retains the appearance of a delicate, elegant pair of high-end eyeglasses.

The new myvu line features Kopin's CyberDisplay(R) technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size. Shades and Crystal also include a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for Shades and up to four hours of viewing time for Crystal and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. Myvu Shades and Crystal work with portable media players, including all iPod(R) with video model, Sansa-View(R), Microsoft Zune, mobile phones (ie. Nokia N95), portable DVD players and various game consoles.

The new line of myvu eyewear will be available in 2008. Myvu Shades will retail for $199.95. It will be available in late January 2008 through Amazon.com, which will begin accepting pre-orders today at http://www.myvu.com/. Myvu Crystal will ship in Spring 2008. Both will be available through www.myvu.com and select retailers nationwide. They are being displayed for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our 5G iPod Video review:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod/iPod-video.htm

Read our iPod nano review:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod/iPod-nano.htm

Read our reviews of iPod accessories:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM7
Altec Lansing imMotion imMini iPod Speakers
Bose SoundDock Speakers
DLO iBoom Boombox
Radian iBlast Speakers
Ignitek iCruiser 430 Speakers
i.Sound and i.Sound 4X Speakers
i.Sound MAX Speaker System
JBL on stage II Speakers
Klipsch iGroove Speakers
Logitech mm50 Speakers
XtremeMac MicroBlast Speakers

Etymotic ER-6i Isolator Earhphones
v-moda Remix adn Bass Freq Headphones
XtremeMac FS1 High Definition Earbuds

AnyCom BluNa
Bluetake i-Phono BT420EX Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Transmitter
IOGEAR Bluetooth Stereo Headphone Kit with Transmitter

Griffin iTrip and iTrip mini
Neuros Recorder 2 Plus
DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Griffin iTalk Pro Stereo Microphone for iPod

More News. . .

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5527

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage