Moderator and writer
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that the next system software update for PLAYSTATION(R) 3 (PS3(TM)) computer entertainment system, slated for release in late March, will add Blu-ray Disc(TM) (BD) Profile 2.0 or BD-LIVE, enabling PS3 owners to experience interactive features, such as downloadable video content, ringtones, games, and more. In addition to BD-LIVE, the system software update (v.2.20) will enable photo and music playlists on PS3 to be copied to PSP(R) (PlayStation(R) Portable) handheld entertainment system, among other new features. These updates demonstrate how PS3 continues to evolve as a home entertainment hub with the flexibility to deliver the newest technology innovations that benefit PS3 owners.
BD Profile 2.0 requires an Internet connection and at least 1GB of local storage. The following features have all been demonstrated as possibilities with BD-Live and will vary by movie title.
- A variety of downloadable content can be offered, including bonus scenes, shorts, trailers, subtitles, ringtones that can be sent to mobile phones, images, and more.
- Interactive movie-based games can pit players who are sitting in the same room, or are across the world and online, against each other.
In conjunction with the PS3 firmware update, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is pleased to announce two BD-LIVE enabled titles to be released on April 8 ? Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and The 6th Day. Both titles will include exclusive downloadable content that goes beyond what is available on the actual Blu-ray discs. These initial releases preview some of the exciting new developments that will soon be available from BD-LIVE on Blu-ray disc.
Beyond BD-LIVE, the new system software update enhances PS3 system's interoperability with PSP system, enabling users to take their favorite music and photo playlists with them on-the-go with their PSP. To copy a playlist, PSP and PS3 must first be connected with a USB cable, and the PSP must be in USB mode. Then, on PS3, select "Copy" in the option menu of each music or photo playlist, and choose PSP as the destination. Now the playlist order, and the songs or photos themselves, will be accessible on the PSP's Memory Stick PRO Duo anytime, anywhere. This new functionality makes it easer than ever to share media content between the two systems.
The following new features will also be included in the system software update.
- "Resume play" will enable PS3 system to start playing a Blu-ray disc and DVD at the point it was stopped, even if the disc had been removed.
- "Audio Output Device" will be a new Remote Play setting, enabling PSP to serve as a remote control for music played through PS3.
- PS3 system's Internet browser will be enhanced: Video files directly linked from a Web page will be able to be streamed, and the browser's view speed will be improved.
- DivX and WMV format videos that are larger than 2GB will be playable.
- "Mosquito Noise Reduction" will be added as an AV setting in the control panel of the DVD/BD player for improved movie playback.
For further details and instructions on how to update the PS3 and PSP system software, please visit http://us.playstation.com.
Read our 5G iPod Video review:
Read our iPod nano review:
Read our reviews of iPod accessories:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM7
Altec Lansing imMotion imMini iPod Speakers
Bose SoundDock Speakers
DLO iBoom Boombox
Radian iBlast Speakers
Ignitek iCruiser 430 Speakers
i.Sound and i.Sound 4X Speakers
i.Sound MAX Speaker System
JBL on stage II Speakers
Klipsch iGroove Speakers
Logitech mm50 Speakers
XtremeMac MicroBlast Speakers
Etymotic ER-6i Isolator Earhphones
v-moda Remix adn Bass Freq Headphones
XtremeMac FS1 High Definition Earbuds
Bluetake i-Phono BT420EX Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Transmitter
IOGEAR Bluetooth Stereo Headphone Kit with Transmitter
Griffin iTrip and iTrip mini
Neuros Recorder 2 Plus
DLO HomeDock Deluxe
Griffin iTalk Pro Stereo Microphone for iPod
More News. . .
Apple News Correspondent
Captain of the Planet Express Jr.
Assistant Jedi Librarian
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 6482
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5