MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> 802.11b / WiFi cards and networking

Pages: 1
sanjay Srikonda

Reged: 01/25/03
Loc: new york
Help! Have Ipaq 3850 and Linksys WCF12 wireless card, latest drivers, no connection!
      #3008 - 01/25/03 06:22 AM

Help!

I have an Ipaq 3850 and a Linksys WCF12 Wireless card, I entered the name of my wireless network at home and I'm setting up the card in default mode with the SSID set up to ANY and I've also tried it with the SSID set to the name of my home wireless network. Nothing works. I get absolutely NO connection, I can see my wireless connection but no matter what I do I cannot connect to the Net. Help!! I'm not a novice I just can't connect.

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm using the latest drivers from the Linksys site but nothing is working.

Thanks in advance,

Sanjay Srikonda
sanjay@srikonda.net

--------------------
This is just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Help! Have Ipaq 3850 and Linksys WCF12 wireless card, latest drivers, no connection! [Re: ]
      #3010 - 01/25/03 03:14 PM

Do you guys get an IP address on the PDA? Can you ping that address from one of your computers on the same network?

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

IPAQer2003

Reged: 01/27/03
Re: Help! Have Ipaq 3850 and Linksys WCF12 wireless card, latest drivers, no connection! [Re: LisaG]
      #3011 - 01/27/03 10:24 AM

Sanjay:

I have a similar problem with my IPAQ and WCF12. Try disconnecting the WCF12 card and plugging it back in. When I do that with mine it will connect. If I have it in the IPAQ sleeve and shut the IPAQ off and turn it back on the card will not connect. Poking Rescan doesn't help. If I pull the card out and reinsert it it will then connect. I've asked Linksys support about this but they completely missed the point and sent me some drivel about being close to the access point when you first set the card up. I'll be trying again to get some rational info from them.

Good luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7425

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage