Nokia today announced that its highly anticipated update for Nokia Maps has left beta stage and is now ready for consumers to download. Here is more info:
Downloaded over 240,000 times since announced in February, Nokia Maps 2.0 has improved its optional Car Navigation, enhanced its pedestrian navigation, added multimedia city guides, now offers satellite images, and is sporting a redesigned user interface. Nokia's mapping and navigation solutions give people navigation features, local content and world maps directly on their mobile device, in a way that only connected devices can.
A partial list of the updated features in Nokia Maps 2.0 includes:
- Improved optional Car Navigation equals PND-level car navigation experience with faster routing.
- Easy-to-use, updated User Interface features including a new navigation carousel with pre-defined navigation views - i.e. navigation, arrow, bird-eye.
- Top-of-the-line navigation features: signposts, multi-stop route planner
- Optional pedestrian navigation efficiently walks you from A to B with visual guidance. It helps you to locate yourself by giving information about the surrounding buildings, streets and parks and, if the device supports it, notifies the direction you are walking.
- Nokia Maps 2.0 includes public transportation information (station entrances) data in 17 cities with localized icons for stops.
- Advanced multi-sensor positioning using A-GPS, and pedestrian orientation using the compass feature (Nokia 6210 Navigator needed for built-in compass usage)
- Satellite images with hybrid rendering overlays for selected cities worldwide provide real aerial views on your mobile.
- Signature "one-box search" allows you to search through places, addresses, restaurants, nightlife, outdoor, accommodation.
- New premium multi-media city guides including features photos, video, audio streams.
Nokia Maps 2.0 uses vector maps provided by Navteq and TeleAtlas, Nokia Maps now has maps covering over 200 countries, with over 70 of them navigable. Maps can be downloaded over the air directly to selected devices or by using the Nokia Map Loader on a PC. A new beta version of the Nokia Map Loader is available on the Nokia Betalabs web site.
Nokia Maps 2.0 and the current commercial version of the Nokia Maps Loader is freely available for selected devices. For download and more information, please visit http://www.maps.nokia.com
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Access with Digital Mobile TV
HTC Advantage X7510
LG Vu Mobile Digial TV Phone
Nokia E51 Smartphone
Nokia N95-4 with 5 Megapixel Camera
Verizon XV6900 Windows Mobile PDA Phone
Sanyo Katana LX for Sprint
Nokia N810 Internet Tablet
E-TEN Glofiish X650
Motorola MOTO Z9
BlackBerry Pearl 8120 with WiFi
ASUS P527 Windows Mobile 6 Professional Phone
Samsung Ace for Sprint
Samsung M520 for Sprint
Palm Centro for AT&T
More News. . .
0 registered and 283 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4155
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5