MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Amusing Read: Bill Gates Disappointed with Windows Usability?
      #30541 - 06/25/08 01:46 PM

One of our friends pointed us to this article on seattlepi.com that turned out to be an amusing read. The article included an internal email Bill Gates sent to his Windows team on how hard it is to download and install Microsoft's moviemaker. Here are some quotes and the link to the original article:

"I am quite disappointed at how Windows Usability has been going backwards and the program management groups don't drive usability issues." says Gates as he was trying to download Moviemaker and buy the Digital Plus pack from Microsoft.com site. He then described his horrific experience at trying to download and running the application:

"The first 5 times I used the site it timed out while trying to bring up the download page. Then after an 8 second delay I got it to come up.

This site is so slow it is unusable.

It wasn't in the top 5 so I expanded the other 45.

These 45 names are totally confusing. These names make stuff like: C:\Documents and Settings\billg\My Documents\My Pictures seem clear.

They are not filtered by the system ... and so many of the things are strange."

Wow!! This happened in 2003 and Microsoft has done a lot of work improving both the web site and the Movie Maker know is part of the Windows Live so you don't need to go through this again. Thanks, Bill!

Read the entire article at: http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/141821.asp

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3426

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage