MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
hartjanet

Reged: 06/26/08
audiovo xv6700 wifi help needed
      #30557 - 06/26/08 02:17 PM

I bought a used xv6700 with version 5. I have no desire to use it for anything other than accesssing the internet using wifi from work (where I can't access my home email but can access a local wifi spot) and while traveling in the US and beyond. It's just not my personal style to want to use all its many features or carry around a heavier/larger phone than I have to. I know it's a waste to all you techies, but I thought that it would be worth the $70 I paid for that usage only. The problem is that I downloaded the instructions and tried to set it up for wifi use on my home network to see how it works before trying it in public. I put in the wep key and it says it's connecting. But it doesn't. Or if it does, it doesn't say so and I can't tap on IE and tap in any internet addresses. It also doesn't pick up other networs in my neighborhood that I know exist because I see them when I use my laptop wirelessly. What am I missing? I'm pretty sure it's me and not the pda. Also, assuming I get that straightened out, how can I set up up as simply as possible when I get to a public wifi hot spot? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2449

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage