General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
AT&T Answers Questions About iPhone 3G Upgrade and Purchase
      #30698 - 07/07/08 02:41 PM

ATT has answered some customers' questions about upgrading to the new 3G iPhone or becoming a new ATT customers and buying an iPhone. Here are the answers for these two camps:

For current ATT customers:

What will I pay for iPhone 3G?
If you are upgrade eligible and your account is in good standing, you will pay $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

You have the option to purchase an early upgrade priced at $399 for 8GB (black) or $499 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required. Coming soon, AT&T will offer a no-commitment option of $599 for 8GB and $699 for 16GB.

Will I pay an upgrade fee?
Yes. You will pay an $18 upgrade fee.

How do I transfer my information, music and data from my current iPhone to iPhone 3G?
iPhone syncs with applications on your Mac or PC, allowing you to transfer your calendar, contacts, email, photos and music seamlessly to your iPhone 3G. Learn more.

What do I do with my current iPhone?
Hand it off to a friend or family member. Learn how to activate.

How do I clear my current iPhone to hand off the phone to my friend?
Your phone can be cleared from within iTunes in just a few simple steps.

What is the difference between the original iPhone and iPhone 3G?
See what's new in the Original iPhone to new iPhone 3G Comparison Chart.

I currently have an original iPhone and love it. Is there anything new available?
On July 11, iPhone 2.0 software will be available as a free download from iTunes. With support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, iPhone delivers push email, calendar, and contacts. And it uses enterprise-grade networking with Cisco IPSec VPN and WPA2 Enterprise support. So now the most revolutionary mobile device ever is also the ideal phone for business.

You will have access to the App Store where you'll find applications in every category?from games to business, education to entertainment, productivity to social networking. Applications for iPhone take advantage of its groundbreaking features such as Multi-Touch, GPS, and the accelerometer. Some are even free. And they can all be downloaded wirelessly to your iPhone.

------------

For new customers who wish to join AT&T:

What will I pay for iPhone 3G?
$199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

I have service with another wireless carrier. Can I keep my current phone number?
Yes, it's easy! All you need is the following information as it appears on your current account - account number, name and address of account holder, account holder's SSN or Tax ID and PIN or password (if applicable). Check port eligibility now to get started.

Is your number eligible for transfer? If so, see the Consumer Portability Checklist to help guide you through the steps to easily completing the transfer of your port.

Will there be a credit check?
Yes, a credit check is required. Come prepared with photo ID and Social Security Number. A deposit may be required at time of purchase, upon credit review. An activation fee of $36 will be billed to your account. Two-year contract is required.

Reduce your wait time on launch day, July 11. Visit the store where you will purchase iPhone 3G today for a pre-qualifying credit check.

Can I activate iPhone 3G on GoPhone Prepaid service?
No. GoPhone Prepaid is not available for iPhone 3G at this time.

How do I transfer my information, music and data from my current iPhone to iPhone 3G?
iPhone syncs with applications on your Mac or PC, allowing you to transfer your calendar, contacts, email, photos and music seamlessly to your iPhone 3G. Read Apple's guide for transfering your data.

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

Toshiba Portege G810 Windows Mobile Pro Phone
E-TEN Glofiish X650
Nokia XpressMusic 5310 for T-Mobile
HTC Touch Dual
Nokia N78
HTC Touch Diamond
Samsung Instinct for Sprint
Sony Ericsson Z750a
BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Verizon and Sprint
Samsung Access with Digital Mobile TV
HTC Advantage X7510
LG Vu Mobile Digial TV Phone
Samsung Glyde
LG enV2
Nokia E51 Smartphone
Nokia N95-4 with 5 Megapixel Camera
Verizon XV6900 Windows Mobile PDA Phone
Sanyo Katana LX for Sprint

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3991

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage