MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Bluetooth

Pages: 1
Salty

Reged: 09/25/05
bluetooth headset as headphones
      #23192 - 03/27/06 09:54 PM

Is it possible to use bluetooth headset with my Dell Axim X50 as a headphone instead? What I want is a bluetooth headset that I can use with my phone but also use as headphones on my handheld to listen to music. Not necissarily at the same time. I know you can't do that. I am just wondering if the handheld will recognize the headset as a possible bluetooth headphone. Can you even use bluetooth headphones with windows mobile 5?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: bluetooth headset as headphones [Re: Salty]
      #23578 - 04/18/06 02:38 AM

Yes, you should be able to use your mobile phone's Bluetooth headset with a Bluetooth enabled Axim X30. We tested a few and it worked. Keep in mind that headsets don't have the greatest sound quality since they're meant for mono voice only, so music will be mono and not very full sounding. But the X30 does have the Audio Gateway Bluetooth profile which means the device can pipe audio out via BT.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

chris920

Reged: 02/01/07
Re: bluetooth headset as headphones [Re: Salty]
      #26688 - 02/01/07 10:33 PM

I have a Bluetake stere headphone and USB adatpor.
I can use it to listen to the music and also pick up the phone calls as headset.
Bluetake's headphone support A2DP profile which you will need it to listen to the stere music.

i also have a Bluetake BT400GL headset, which i use it just for my cell phone.
it's very small and 15 hours talking time, also it has vibration alert when calls come in.

the headphone is around $ 90 bucks, and the headset is about $ 70 bucks.
their website is www.bluetakeusa.com

omowest

Reged: 01/13/08
Re: bluetooth headset as headphones [Re: chris920]
      #29410 - 01/14/08 12:27 AM

Using your stereo headset to listed to music on your axim x30 should be a good experience. I should say my first stereo bluetooth headset was not all that, but I have since learned that not all support all profiles necessary for enjoying your multimedia experience. I recently purchased a stereo bluetooth headset from http://www.bluecrests.com and I must say that this particular device supports connections with two bluetooth devices at the same time. What this means is that I can be listening to music on my ipod using a bluetooth adaptor and when a call comes through it pauses and rings on the phone. That's wild. But the key is to get one that supports both A2DP & AVRCP profiles. Hopes this helps.

Casey9

Reged: 08/29/08
Re: bluetooth headset as headphones [Re: omowest]
      #31252 - 08/29/08 08:07 AM

Hi,

I use a bose QC3 headphone with a really expensive bluetooth kit. I tried listening to music on my N95.

You'd expect something from bose would give a good sound quality. I'm not very impressed with it. The difference in sound quality when I use the wires is quite significant. If you're not fussy about sound quality like me then listening to music with bluetooth then you won't be dissapointed.

I like the auto pairing function of this thing though.

--------------------
"Those who in quarells interpose, must often wipe a bloody nose"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25298

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage