General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Sprint to Offer the BlackBerry Curve 835i with Push-to-Talk and Wi-Fi
      #31359 - 09/10/08 01:10 PM

Sprint customers seeking the benefits of industry-leading push-to-talk services and the power of BlackBerry smartphones will have a new version of the coveted combo available later this year. Sprint and Research In Motion today announced plans to deliver the BlackBerry Curve 8350i ? the newest Nextel Direct Connect-capable BlackBerry smartphone ? by the end of 2008. Here is more info:

The BlackBerry Curve 8350i will be the latest BlackBerry smartphone to utilize iDEN technology and feature Nextel Direct Connect, the only national push-to-talk service in the industry to offer sub-second call setup and connection to the world?s largest push-to-talk community with millions of users and integrated business solutions, including one of the largest selections of GPS-enabled solutions. With Nationwide and International Direct Connect, Sprint customers will be able to instantly connect within the US and to users in other eligible countries including Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru. The BlackBerry Curve 8350i will also be the first BlackBerry smartphone from Sprint to offer Group Connect, allowing customers to instantly set up group conversations with up to 20 other participants.

In addition to delivering the unmatched push email and messaging capabilities of the BlackBerry solution, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i will provide rich multimedia, organizer and Internet browsing capabilities, as well as access to thousands of other mobile applications. The smartphone will also include built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, allowing customers to browse the Internet and download email attachments quickly and easily. When connected to a Wi-Fi network, customers will also be able to send and receive emails or surf the Internet while talking on the phone.

Other key features include:

-Integrated GPS ? Built-in capabilities for assisted autonomous GPS capabilities
-2 Megapixel Digital Camera ? with 5x digital zoom, flash and video recording
-DataViz Documents to Go ? preloaded software makes it easy to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents directly on the smartphone
-Internal Antenna ? improves design appeal and durability
-Speakerphone ? optimized for exceptional sound quality with Direct Connect
-Advanced Media Player ? great for listening to music, watching videos and showing pictures
-Removable/Rechargeable 1400 mAH Battery ? provides exceptional battery life
-Expandable Memory ? microSD memory card slot allows plenty of storage for pictures, videos, music and documents
-Bluetooth ? version 2.0 with support for (A2DP) stereo Bluetooth and more
-Additional Messaging Capabilities ? support for instant messaging and multimedia messaging including audio, pictures and text to email addresses and capable phones

Basic specs:

Form Factor: Sleek design with trackball navigation, 35-key backlit QWERTY keypad and yellow accents on trackball and PTT button
Memory: 128 MB RAM, expandable memory via microSD memory card slot
Network: iDEN (800/900 MHz)
Data: iDEN (800/900 MHz); Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
GPS: Built-in capabilities (assisted and autonomous)
SIM Interface
Battery Specifications: Removable/Rechargeable 1400 mAH Li-ion battery
Display: High-resolution 320x240, 65K color TFT LCD display.

Customers can find more information on the BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone and sign up to be notified of commercial availability from Sprint at www.sprint.com/instantconnectbb. Pricing, service plan details and an exact availability date will be announced at a later date.

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

Katana Ecipse for Sprint
MWg Zinc II
Motorola RAZR VE20
Samsung Omnia i900 Unlocked
MOTOROKR E8 on T-Mobile
LG Chocolate 3 for Verizon
Nokia E71 S60 Smartphone
HP iPAQ 910c Windows Mobile Pro Phone
Palm Treo 800w
Moto Q9c for Verizon
LG Dare for Verizon
Apple iPhone 3G
Toshiba Portege G810 Windows Mobile Pro Phone
E-TEN Glofiish X650
Nokia XpressMusic 5310 for T-Mobile
HTC Touch Dual
Nokia N78
HTC Touch Diamond
Samsung Instinct for Sprint

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6639

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage