Many of us have given up our watches because we have a phone, a PDA or some gadget that tells us the time. But Bluetooth watches might bring back the watches with good functions. Sony Ericsson today announced the Sony Ericsson MBW-200 Bluetooth watches for women with three different designs. Here is more info:
Missed an important call or SMS because you couldn?t hear or find your phone at the bottom of your handbag? With the MBW-200 this is now a thing of the past. Using innovative Bluetooth technology, the watch displays the caller ID and vibrates as your phone is ringing or when you receive an SMS. Reject or mute the call with a button on the watch or use the Bluetooth headset or mobile phone to answer the call and start chatting.
Designed in partnership with watch industry leader Fossil and the Bluetooth knowhow of Sony Ericsson, the MBW-200 series comes in three distinct designs; Sparkling Allure, Contemporary Elegance and Evening Classic. The Bluetooth Watch Collection features scratch resistant mineral crystal glass with an anti-glare coating for optimum readability and glow. The discreet, yet stylish and clear monochrome OLED display is invisible when not in use and clearly visible on a bright day so that you can see who is calling or which track is playing with ease.
Can?t decide which stylish Bluetooth? Watch is for you? Sony Ericsson has teamed up with three leading female tennis players to show how each MBW-200 watch has a distinct personality to match anyone?s personal style and fashion tastes.
The Sparkling Allure Edition, as modelled by 19-year-old Slovakian Dominika Cibulkova, is glamorous, yet strong and sporty ? created for the ultimate young and funky fashionista. With its on trend white leather strap and display with crystal d?cor stones, this stylish number is perfect for making a fashion statement while being practical and convenient.
The Contemporary Elegance Edition, as modelled by 18-year-old Danish ?Princess of Tennis? Caroline Wozniacki, is perfect for the young professional who wants to stay focussed on the job at the same time as staying connected. Enjoy the benefits of the stainless steel watch with its efficient call handling and make a dazzling impression wherever you are.
The Evening Classic Edition, adorning 19-year-old Hungarian superstar Agnes Szavay, has a classic yet casual profile. The stylish leather strap and discreet black face can be worn in any environment, whether at home, in the office or on a weekend away. For those who are always on the move the vibration alert of an SMS, or out of phone range, means that never again will you miss an important message.
Bluetooth Watch MBW-200 collection features:
Bringing together contemporary design and cutting edge Bluetooth technology
* Reject or mute call through the watch * Vibrates on new SMS/MMS - and an out of range warning ? when 10 m away from your phone * Discreet yet clear caller ID - OLED display * Play, pause, stop or skip a track on your phone?s music player * Quartz movements for exact time keeping ? both digital and analogue * Auto pairing? - easier to connect the watch to your phone * Water resistant up to 3 ATM * Allergy safe stainless steel * Mineral crystal scratch resistant face with antiglare coating
The MBW-200 range is available in selected markets in Q4.
Sony Ericsson will also expand the MBW-150 range with yet another design. The MBW-150 Classic is a sporty edition with a brown leather strap and white face that will be available early next year in selected markets.
The Sony Ericsson MBW-200 at a glance
MBW-200 Time indicator
* Analogue * Digital from mobile phone
Discreet call handling
* Caller ID in display * Reject/mute call through watch * Change volume
Music player control
* Play, pause, stop, next track skip * Change volume
SMS/MMS message alert
* Vibrates on new SMS/MMS
Out of range warning Vibration alert at 10m from phone
* Battery indicator * Bluetooth functionality for up to 7 days * Analogue time keeping for up to 7 days
* Bluetooth Watch * Charging clip * Standard charger CST-60 * User guide * Exclusive box
3 different variants Evening Classic
* Black dial with crystal d?cor * Black detail on crown * Black leather bracelet * Stainless steel clasp * Stainless steel case * 60g weight
* Display with crystal d?cor stone * Red minute hand * Pattern detail on dial * Brushed stainless steel bracelet * Double security clasp with stainless steel folding blade * Stainless steel case * 60g weight
* Rose gold rim with crystal d?cor stones * Rose gold hands with white fill * Mother of pearl look ?carbon fiber? texture display * White crocodile leather bracelet * Chrome finish polish on case * Rose gold clasp * Weight 60g
Size: 37.3 x 39.6 x 14 mm
Availability and versions Available in selected markets from early Q4 2008.