Inspired by luxury watches and handcrafted design, Motorola today introduced AURA phone with a circular display, Bluetooth Stereo audio and 2 megapixel camera. The AURA is unlocked quad band GSM world phone. Here is more info on the Motorola AURA:
Sophisticated design, high performance racing engines and the quality of a photographic print served as the perfect muses to inspire the creation of AURA. Its form recalls the timeless beauty of luxury watches with the introduction of the world?s first circular display on a mobile device. Technical precision and mechanical excellence are met with a Swiss-made main bearing and more than 200 parts that create a seamless opening for the handset. The quality of a photographic print is celebrated in the brilliant interplay of 16 million colors and 300 dpi resolution on the unique, round liquid-crystal display. Capped with a Grade 1, 62-carat sapphire crystal lens ? one of the most scratch-resistant materials on earth ? AURA is simply elegant.
The hand-sculpted richness of AURA can literally be felt in its stainless steel housing, textures and patterns chemically etched into its surface. The front piece of the phone takes nearly two weeks to create. In that time, the stainless steel is sculpted, electro and hand polished, chemically etched and PVD coated. The result is a finely finished product that withstands the test of time.
Turn the phone over and reveal a window into its mechanical heart. The Swiss-made main bearing, gears composed of Rockwell 50-55 hardened steel and 130 precision ball bearings work in tandem to drive the assisted-opening blade, an effect more like opening a luxury car door than accessing a mobile device. Its custom-engineered rotating mechanism is composed of more than 200 high-precision individual parts, and the gears are protected from harsh conditions with the same coatings used in high-performance racing engines. Motorola?s proprietary CrystalTalk technology takes AURA to the highest level of audio clarity on every call, while Stereo Bluetooth technology enables AURA owners to make and take phone calls hands free by pairing with a compatible headset.
* 16 Million Colors World?s first 16 million color, circular display with 300 dpi resolution in the mobile phone industry
* 62 Carat Lens Created from Grade 1 62-carat sapphire crystal, one of the most scratch-resistant materials on earth
* Meticulously Crafted Stainless steel housing with chemically etched textures and patterns takes nearly two weeks to sculpt, etch and polish
* Swiss-Made Main Bearing At the center of the mechanical heart is a Swiss-made main bearing, which serves as the foundation allowing the blade to rotate with seamless precision
* Custom-Engineering Custom-engineered rotating mechanism has 130 precision ball bearings that drive the assisted-opening blade ? like opening the door on a high-end luxury car. On the 100,000th opening, the blade glides with the same fluidity and grace that it did on its first
* Tungsten Carbide Coated Gears Gears composed of Rockwell 50-55 hardened steel are protected with the same coating used in high-performance acing engines
* 700+ Individual Components Comprised of features including up-scaled, nickel-chrome-plated exposed screws
* CrystalTalk Technology CrystalTalkTM technology delivers supreme clarity and deep resonance to every single conversation an AURA owner has, even in noisy environments
* Mirror Polish Finish PVD coating, the same used when making luxury watches, gives AURA its polished, mirrored shine
* Aluminum Keypad Individual aluminum keys are formed, anodized, spin-finish applied and assembled
Motorola Aura Specs:
Messaging MMS, SMS, Email (POP3/IMAP embedded)1, Open Source