ATT and Research In Motion announced today that the BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be available in the United States for as low as $299.99 on Tuesday, Nov. 4, in ATT retail stores nationwide, through www.att.com and select national retailers, as well as through ATT's business-to-business sales teams. Here is more from today's announcement:
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone, which is being introduced in the United States only for AT&T customers, can be used in the most countries abroad, including more than 60 with 3G networks. AT&T is the world's leading provider of BlackBerry services.
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone's design and performance live up to its name. The elegant smartphone features a lustrous black exterior, satin chrome-finished frame and stylish, leatherette backplate with a stunning half-VGA (480 x 320 at 217 ppi) color display for eye-popping visuals and a newly designed full QWERTY keyboard for exceptionally fast and easy typing. On the inside, the BlackBerry Bold features built-in GPS and Wi-Fi?, a powerful new 624 MHz mobile processor that provides impressive performance, more storage memory than ever before ? 1 GB on board and up to 16 GB via its microSD/SDHC expansion slot ? and a rich set of multimedia capabilities, including an advanced media player for music, videos and photos and a 2 megapixel camera with built-in flash, zoom and video recording, as well as an optimized Web-browsing experience with desktop-style depiction.
In addition to the renowned BlackBerry productivity applications ? including phone, e-mail, messaging, organizer and browser ? the BlackBerry Bold from AT&T will boast such AT&T services as:
* Simultaneous Voice and Data Capabilities ? When connected to AT&T's 3G network, customers can conduct a phone conversation and at the same time check e-mail, browse the Web or use another data application, including when tethered to a notebook computer.
* AT&T Navigator Global Edition ? Powered by TeleNav, the only GPS-based service available from a U.S. wireless carrier to provide international navigation capabilities. AT&T customers can get spoken or text-based turn-by-turn directions with automatic missed turn rerouting and a local business finder service in 20 countries.
* Seamless Wi-Fi ? Allows AT&T customers who turn on the BlackBerry Bold smartphone's Wi-Fi feature ? 802.11 a/b/g ? to connect automatically to home or campus networks. AT&T customers also will be able to access more than 17,000 AT&T hot spots nationwide, including nearly 7,000 participating Starbucks locations plus thousands more restaurants, airports, hotels and other convenient locations across the U.S.
* CV ? CV (Cellular Video) from AT&T gives viewers access to thousands of video clips ? news, sports, weather, entertainment and more ? directly on a BlackBerry Bold smartphone via streaming video.
* AT&T Mobile Music Services ? An industry leader in mobile music, AT&T boasts the largest catalog of offerings available today, giving customers mobile access to enjoy XM Radio Mobile, song identification through MusicID, music videos through MobiTV and over-the-air access to the extensive music databases of Napster Mobile and eMusic? ? just to name a few.
AT&T Navigator, CV, AT&T Mobile Music services and more than 90,000 additional choices are available through AT&T MEdia Mall directly from the BlackBerry Bold or online.
E-mail and More
Like all BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Bold gives users the industry's leading mobile messaging solution. It works with BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which enables advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novel GroupWise environments, as well as BlackBerry Professional Software for small businesses. It also works with BlackBerry Internet Service, which gives users push-based access to as many as 10 supported work or personal e-mail accounts. Customers can also download and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using the preloaded DataViz Documents to Go software suite. Beyond e-mail, the BlackBerry Bold will support a wide range of business and lifestyle applications.
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone includes Bluetooth 2.0, which provides support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals. The included BlackBerry Desktop Manager software comes with Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry, which includes new features that make it easier to organize multimedia content as well as manage music, videos and recorded Voice Notes between a computer and the smartphone. It also optimizes video files for smooth full-screen playback on the BlackBerry Bold smartphone's large display with support for full-screen and widescreen formats.
Roxio Photosuite 9 LE is included, allowing customers to easily enhance pictures and create photo albums on their computer. In addition, the new BlackBerry Media Sync application allows customers to sync their iTunes? digital musical collections? with the handset. The BlackBerry Bold also boasts a new acoustic design for enhanced phone listening quality and clarity and numerous premium phone features, including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD).
Backing the BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be AT&T's 3G BroadbandConnect network, which currently is available in more than 320 major metropolitan areas in the U.S. and, by year-end, AT&T expects to offer the service in nearly 350 leading U.S. markets. In addition to 3G connectivity, the BlackBerry Bold is also designed to connect seamlessly with AT&T's nationwide? EDGE network, which is available in more than 13,000 cities and towns and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone
Palm Treo Pro
E-TEN Glofiish V900 Windows Mobile Phone with TV
HTC Touch Diamond with US 3G Unlocked
Sprint HTC Touch Diamond Windows Mobile Pro Phone
MWg Zinc II
Samsung Omnia i900 Unlocked
Nokia E71 S60 Smartphone
Apple iPhone 3G
T-Mobile Sidekick 2008
Motorola RAZR VE20
MOTOROKR E8 on T-Mobile
LG Chocolate 3 for Verizon
Nokia XpressMusic 5310 for T-Mobile
Samsung Instinct for Sprint
More News. . .
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 3620
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5