MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Sweetc325

Reged: 10/21/08
HELP AT&T motorola q9 global
      #31681 - 10/21/08 02:05 PM

soo i forgot that I get charged whenever I go on the internet. and i registered my email on my phone, so i get my emails through my phone also, as well as computer (obv). and i tried getting rid of it, because i was gettign charged to like, delete my emails when i was going through it on my phone. so the screen will pop up for me to sign in because i just hit backspace so my password wasn't there anymore. but i dont want emails goign to my phone anymore. and i dont want teh screen to keep popping up for me to "sign in" on my phone. someoen help!!! thank you!! =]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HELP AT&T motorola q9 global [Re: Sweetc325]
      #31684 - 10/21/08 06:48 PM

Are you using the Messaging application for email? If so, open Messaging and select Tools from the menu. You want to select Options under tools. Go to account settings, then select send/receive schedule. Change the automatic send/receive setting to "manually. Alternatively, you could just delete your email account in messaging if you don't plan to ever use it again.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Sweetc325

Re: HELP AT&T motorola q9 global [Re: LisaG]
      #31685 - 10/21/08 10:01 PM

thank you!!! and how do i delete my email account in messaging?

also. i go to applications, file manager, and i scroll down there is something called "Img0 0B" and "pim.vol 588.00K"

idk what it is. it's after all the folders like, Application Data, COnnMgr, Documents and settings MAPI, MUSIC, My DOcuments, Program files, temp, adn windows... those 2 things after after it. adn idk what they are....

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #31691 - 10/22/08 11:13 AM

Go to the account list view and there should be a menu option to delete the account.

pim.vol holds your Outlook PIM data. Don't delete it. The image likely came with the device and is used to display a background graphic somewhere. I'd leave it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Sweetc325

Re: HELP AT&T motorola q9 global [Re: LisaG]
      #31712 - 10/25/08 07:01 PM

oo ok. well it won't let me delete it anyways. but i never noticed it before..
also lol..

um, with ym email, i made itt "manual" but i still don't want the account of gmail on my phone. how do i get rid of it?

Sweetc325

#31713 - 10/26/08 10:30 AM

..oh. i didnt see that you told me how to delete the account..lol and i deleted it. thank you! lol.. ughh but we have a few other problems, but i ddint cause it this time lol. my phone's been going wacko lately adn i got it.. hmm 2 weeks ago? i wannna say 2 weeks. ok soo:
1)sometimes when i get a text, my phone won't stop vibrating. i'll have to shut it off, or take out the battery to make it stop.
2)i was in camera once. i took a picture, deleted it, then went back to camera. but the camera froze on what it was shooting at. it didnt take a picture, it just froze. the only thing i could do was try to delete it. and when i did, it brought up the picture i had deleted previously, and deleted it again. (??) thatwas weird.
3) i got a text from my friend, i viewed it, then just went back to teh normal background screen. i went to reply to her like 5 min later, adn her text was gone! along with about half of a long cnversation i had been having with a different person.. how to texts disappear?!

when i bought this phone, the salesperson said that teh software is sooo good adn updated. like 5.0 was bad, 6.0 was bad. but now they made 6.1 adn it's better than ever!. lol.. but i'm getting all these kinks... is ti just THIS phone, and i should just ask for a new one? or is it the software?

my brother says i should've waited until it had been out for a while saying that it's a real good phone. cause i got it when it like, just came out, there might still be kinks in a new product..

help ? lol

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4667

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage