The BlackBerry Storm (model 9530) from Research In Motion, the first touch screen BlackBerry smartphone, will be available beginning Nov. 21 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For additional details and specifications about the BlackBerry Storm, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/storm
Here is more info about the BlackBerry Storm:
Touch and Feel
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone comes with an innovative touch-screen that actually depresses ever so slightly when the screen is pressed. The user distinctly feels the screen being pressed and released with a gentle ?click,? similar to the feeling of a key on a physical keyboard or a button on a mouse. The ?clickable? touch-screen gives the user positive confirmation that they have made a selection and the result is a dramatically enhanced touch interface and a highly-intuitive typing experience.
In addition to the familiar navigation keys (?phone,? ?menu? and ?escape?) that are common to other BlackBerry smartphones, the new BlackBerry Storm adds support for multi-touches, taps, slides and other touch-screen gestures, so customers can easily highlight, scroll, pan and zoom for smooth navigation.
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone also features a built-in accelerometer, allowing its touch-screen to automatically switch between landscape mode and portrait mode as the user rotates the handset ? RIM?s SureType? keyboard layout is available in portrait mode and a full QWERTY* keyboard layout is available in landscape mode. Other relevant features, such as cut and paste, are only a touch away for the ultimate smartphone experience.
World Class Smartphone
The BlackBerry Storm is a top-of-the-line 3G mobile phone with premium features and global connectivity. In the U.S., the BlackBerry Storm 9530 gives Verizon Wireless customers 3G EV-DO Rev. A/CDMA technology ? and (2100Mhz) UMTS/HSPA and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM for global use. The BlackBerry Storm 9500 from Vodafone supports (2100Mhz) UMTS/HSPA and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks.
Browsing is Fast and Easy
Customers will enjoy a full HTML high-performance browser that works in either portrait or landscape orientation. Navigating Web sites is fast and easy with the touch-screen interface that lets users double tap to zoom in and slide their fingers to scroll and pan.
Icons along the bottom of the display allow for quickly accessing Web sites, switching between ?Page View? and ?Column View? as well as the ability to toggle between ?Pan? mode and ?Cursor? mode. The enhanced browser supports file downloading, streaming audio and video (RTSP), and with its built-in RSS support, new content from supported Web sites can be automatically pushed to the user.
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone brings the full power of the industry?s leading mobile e-mail and messaging solution without compromise. It supports personal and corporate e-mail and text (SMS), picture (MMS) and instant (IM) messaging on the most prevalent consumer and enterprise platforms, as well as easy access to popular social networking sites.
Packed with Additional Features
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone, available from Verizon Wireless and Vodafone, also includes the following features and functions:
* BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry Unite!, BlackBerry Professional Software and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support
* Preloaded DataViz Documents to Go allows users to edit Microsoft? Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
* 3.2 megapixel camera with variable zoom, auto focus and a powerful flash that also provides continuous lighting when recording video
* Built-in GPS supports location-based applications and services, as well as geotagging of photos
* 1 GB of onboard memory storage and a microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB of additional storage
* Media player that can play movies smoothly in full-screen mode, display pictures and slideshows quickly and manage an entire music collection; playlists can be created directly on the handset and there?s an equalizer with 11 preset filters ? including ?Lounge,? ?Jazz? and ?Hip Hop? ? for customized audio ranges when using wired headphones or external speakers
* A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, support for Bluetooth? stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP) and dedicated volume controls
* Sleek, elegant design with contoured corners, stainless steel back and chrome accents surrounding its large (3.25") glass lens; its exceptional 480 x 360 resolution at 184 ppi is crisp and bright with eye-pleasing clarity
* An ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts backlighting for ideal screen viewing and an accelerometer that allows customers to view applications in either portrait or landscape mode by simply rotating the handset
* Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately six hours of talk time on 3G networks and 15 days of standby time
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
BlackBerry Bold for AT&T
HTC Touch Pro for Sprint
Samsung Epix i907 for AT&T
T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone
Palm Treo Pro
E-TEN Glofiish V900 Windows Mobile Phone with TV
HTC Touch Diamond with US 3G Unlocked
Sprint HTC Touch Diamond Windows Mobile Pro Phone
Samsung Omnia i900 Unlocked
LG Lotus for Sprint
Samsung Rant for Sprint
Motorola MOTOZINE ZN5 for T-Mobile
Sony Ericsson W350a for AT&T
Sasmung Sway for Verizon
T-Mobile Sidekick 2008
More News. . .
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 3652
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5