General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
jazznbikes

Reged: 11/11/08
Loc: New York, NY
Unlocked Dash - t-zones
      #31816 - 11/11/08 02:30 PM

Hi,

I've got a T-mobile Dash that I unlocked and installed WM 6.1. However, in that process, the "t-zones" button has stopped functioning as such. Is the phone still t-zones (and more importantly, MyFaves) compatible? I assume with MyFaves, it's simply a matter of T-mobile recognizing the established numbers, but one never wants to assume too much. If that's not the case, is there a need to have access to t-zones for that purpose?

Many thanks,
Rick

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Unlocked Dash - t-zones [Re: jazznbikes]
      #31822 - 11/11/08 08:14 PM

It should still be T-Zones capable (you'll need to enter the correct T-Mo data settings in connection settings if those got wiped out in the unlock and flashing). As for MyFaves, if it's the WinMo 6.1 upgrade for the T-Mo Dash that you flashed, it shouldn't have lost MyFaves. If it was a generic ROM from XDA-Devs or some such place, and the MyFaves software wasn't in the ROM image, I'd *think* the feature would still work, though you wouldn't be able to make any MyFaves changes on the phone itself. It doesn't matter if the phone is unlocked as long as it's running the T-Mobile Dash factory ROM image.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

jazznbikes

Re: Unlocked Dash - t-zones [Re: LisaG]
      #31825 - 11/11/08 09:33 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I made test calls to my MyFaves numbers and checked my current usage online; the calls show up coded as MyFaves calls (hooray!).

Vis-a-vis the T-mo data settings, I think those are fine *if* the primary & secondary DNS settings -- and IP -- are all supposed to be 0.0.0.0.

If I understood you correctly, the T-mo Dash factory ROM image has been replaced by the HTC image on start-up. In fact, as long as I can access/edit MyFave settings via the T-mo website, I'm not as worried about access via the phone.

On another topic, I did drop the phone last week and though it was not a far drop, it ended up damaging the LCD: 2/3 of the screen real estate completely washed out. I ordered a replacement, watched a video on how to disassemble the unit and replace the screen, which I did successfully. However, I notice now that the right 1/3rd of the screen has a slightly darker tint. There seems also to be a faint white line the runs from bottom right to top left. None of that interferes with being able to read information on the unit; just not "factory fresh." Any thoughts as to what might be causing that? Something I did or didn't do in the screen replacement process?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Unlocked Dash - t-zones [Re: jazznbikes]
      #31826 - 11/11/08 10:44 PM

Not sure, but I'd guess uneven display bezel pressure is causing the brightness differential.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

jazznbikes

Re: Unlocked Dash - t-zones [Re: LisaG]
      #31846 - 11/13/08 09:15 PM

Thanks. I took the unit apart again to see if I'd reassembled it incorrectly, but the dark tint is still there. Probably a defective screen. Still, I can read everything on the screen, so it's more annoying than problematic.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3946

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage