OQO announced the model 2+ at this year's CES, a new model that's now based on Intel Atom processor. The new model will also lower the cost to compete with netbooks on the market, though the entry price will still a bit higher than the netbooks. The starting price is $1,199.
Here are live photos of the OQO 2+ from CES:
Feature highlights of the new OQO model 2+:
Designed for ultimate usability on the go, the model 2+ features an OLED display with an embedded touchscreen as well as an integrated backlit thumb keyboard and track stick.
For wireless connectivity, the model 2+ is equipped with WiFi 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth 2.0.
Add the integrated Gobi Global Mobile Internet option to your OQO model 2+ and wirelessly connect to the Internet, even without a WiFi hotspot.
With EV-DO, HSPA, and open-SIM capability, enjoy fast, secure access to the internet and networked applications virtually anywhere.
The OQO model 2+ is now powered by Intel Atom processor (1.33GHz or 1.86GHz), and offers the compatibility and security of a full Microsoft Windows operating system and unparalleled connectivity options. With storage capacities of up to 120GB HDD, you can manage all your office and multimedia files. The model 2+ is available with 2GB of DDR2 SDRAM for quick system responsiveness. You'll enjoy improved video performance via Intel System Controller Hub US15W with integrated 3D graphics plus DirectX 9 and H.264 video decode support in hardware. For increased durability and performance, the model 2+ is available with a 60GB solid state drive (SSD) option.
Specs of the OQO 2+:
* 1.86GHz Intel Atom Z540 (also available with 1.33 GHz Intel Atom Z520)
* Windows Vista Business * Windows XP Professional * Windows XP Home
* Chipset: Intel SCH US15W (GMA500) * video RAM: dynamically allocated shared video memory
* HDD capacity: up to 120GB (60GB also available) * HDD protection: shock-mounted, drop detect technology * also available with 60GB Solid State Drive(SSD)
* backlit thumb keyboard: o integrated touchscreen o backlit thumb keyboard o 58 keys total: 4 SmartLock keys, 18 function keys, & number pad o dedicated mouse and zoom buttons * track stick pointing device * stylus (optional accessory)
* audio jack: 1/8" x 1 line in/line out * video out: HDMI port, VGA/Ethernet adapter (optional accessory), HDMI-DVI adapter available * 1 docking/power connector * 1 USB 2.0 compliant port
# internal speaker and microphone # stereo audio jack (line in/line out)
* size: 5" * native resolution: 800x480 * zoom: 1000x600 and 1024x768 interpolated modes * screen technology: WVGA active matrix OLED (LCD also available) * controls: ambient light sensor, adjustable brightness * external display support: o VGA, HDMI, & DVI monitors up to 1920x1200 resolution o DisplaySense for detection and recall of external display settings o simultaneous output to the internal display and one external monitor supported *requires optional VGA/Ethernet adapter or docking station
wireless & networking
* Wireless WAN (optional): Integrated Gobi 3G mobile broadband (EV-DO and HSPA) * Wireless LAN: Atheros tri-mode 802.11a/b/g with diversity * Bluetooth technology: Integrated Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR * Ethernet protocol: 10/100 available with VGA/Ethernet adapter (optional accessory)
* Computrace theft recovery support in BIOS (requires activation and subscription from www.absolute.com) * trusted platform module: Atmel TPM v1.2 * asset protection: universal security slot
* chassis: rugged magnesium alloy * size: 5.6"(W) x 3.3"(H) x 1.0"(D) * weight: 1.0 lb with standard battery (weight may vary based on hardware configuration)
service and warranty
* warranty: 1 year limited warranty * upgrades: 2 and 3 year System Care Express including accidental damage coverage * Telephone support: toll-free technical assistance * online and email support: online knowledge base and support available
* standard lithium-ion polymer battery * universal power supply * replaceable screen protector * spare track stick cap