This isn't exactly a quarterly report, but January 2009 has marked several milestones for Research In Motion, maker of BlackBerry smartphones and provider of BlackBerry software and services. Here are some interesting numbers:
- In January, RIM shipped its 50 millionth BlackBerry smartphone.
- Verizon Wireless announced earlier this week that it has already sold 1 million BlackBerry Storm smartphones.
- It was 10 years ago this month that RIM first launched the BlackBerry solution. Today, BlackBerry is available in over 150 countries from over 425 carriers and national distribution partners.
- RIM continues to grow. RIM hired approx. 4,000 employees globally last year and surpassed the 12,000 employee mark in January.
- RIM's BlackBerry Infrastructure routes over three Petabytes (that?s 3,000,000,000,000,000 bytes) of traffic each month.
We are working on a review of the BlackBerry Curve 8900 for T-Mobile. So stay tuned for the review.