MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Sprint and Boost Mobile to Offer the Motorola i9 PTP Phone at the End of February
      #32521 - 02/02/09 09:32 AM

Motorola, Sprint and Boost Mobile have teamed up to announce the upcoming availability of Motorola Stature i9, the thinnest flip phone in the Nextel Direct Connect portfolio. Motorola Stature i9 will be available from Boost at http://www.boostmobile.com/ by the end of February with Sprint getting the device shortly thereafter. Here is more info on this upcoming Nextel Direct phone:

A revolution in the iDEN portfolio, Motorola Stature i9 is a multimedia powerhouse featuring:

? a slim, refined design at only 15mm with a touch-sensitive exterior flip

? the first 3.1 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus on the Nextel National Network for high-resolution images that can be printed or enjoyed on one of the two large, crisp screens

? easy-to-use external keys for quick access to can?t-live-without it content, including a music player and integrated GPS

? the ability to store up to 8GB of images, videos and music with optional removable memory (sold separately)

? Motorola?s innovative ModeShift technology that allows the exterior keys to change and illuminate based on the user?s current application, such as camera operation or the media player

? haptic feedback providing gentle vibration acknowledging the user?s touch

? hands-free reliability with stereo Bluetooth wireless technology.

Reliability at the Touch of Button

As powerful as it is stylish, Motorola Stature i9 features easy-to-use external keys for quick access to the only national sub-second call- set-up solution in the market, Nextel Direct Connect, Sprint?s industry-leading push-to-talk offering. The Nextel National Network, performing at best-ever levels, serves the world?s largest community of push-to-talk users on the fastest national push-to-talk network.

Nextel Direct Connect allows instant coast-to-coast and country-to-country communication at the touch of a button1. Motorola Stature i9 is the latest device in the Nextel Direct Connect portfolio that offers unique push-to-talk options:

? Direct Send allows users to send contact information and pictures to another Direct Send-capable phone within seconds with just the push of the button.

? International Direct Connect enables push-to-talk communication in and between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile and Argentina.

? Group Connect service enables group push-to-talk conversations with up to 20 participants nationwide, and the groups can be directly set up on the handset within seconds. (Not available from Boost)

? Direct Talk service allows short-range push-to-talk communications in areas without network coverage, depending on specific conditions such as terrain. (Not available from Boost)

Availability and Pricing

Motorola Stature i9 will be available through all Sprint Nextel channels, including http://www.sprint.com 1-800-Nextel-9, at a price of $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $50 mail-in rebate. It will be available through Boost Mobile distribution channels at a price of $299.99 with no contract, credit check or activation fees. Customers can sign-up to learn Sprint?s exact availability date for Motorola Stature i9 and be among the first to own it by pre-registering at http://www.sprint.com/stature

Boost Mobile, Sprint?s prepaid business, recently announced Boost Monthly Unlimited, a plan offering unlimited anytime calling, text messaging, wireless Web and walkie-talkie services with a national calling area for $50 a month. The new nationwide service is available in 15,800 cities throughout the United States on the Nextel National Network ? all with no additional Telecom Taxes, or roaming, traveling, domestic or long distance fees ? an excellent value in today?s economic times.

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

Samsung Omnia i910 for Verizon
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a
LG Incite Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro Phone for AT&T
BlackBerry Storm for Verzion
HTC Fuze for AT&T
BlackBerry Bold for AT&T
HTC Touch Pro for Sprint
Samsung Epix i907 for AT&T
T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3655

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage