General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Palm Centro Smartphone Now Available on Bell Mobility in Canada
      #32523 - 02/02/09 12:10 PM

Palm announces its small and lightweight Palm Centro smartphone is now available in Canada on Bell Mobility's high-speed mobile network (1xEv-DO). Centro, which has sold more than two million units worldwide, comes in soft-touch Midnight Black with 128MB of available memory, Facebook for Palm and Google Maps with the My Location feature.

To read our reviews of the Palm Centro visit:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Palm-Centro.htm (for Sprint)
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Palm-Centro-ATT-GSM.htm (for AT&T)

Here is more info on the Palm Centro for Bell Mobility:

Centro has a stylish look that feels comfortable in the hand, and discreetly fits in a pocket or clutch. It helps users manage email and text messaging, keep track of their schedules, stay up-to-date on the latest news, capture and share pictures, and get maps with Google Maps with the new My Location feature ? all in one small smartphone. Facebook for Palm lets users connect with friends, respond to messages, upload photos and videos, receive status updates, browse friends? profiles and send out new friend requests. Centro?s full keyboard also makes it easy to quickly type text messages and emails with complete thoughts and ideas.

Additional Centro Features and Benefits

* Superior Phone ? Centro?s touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard make it easy to use, with key features such as one-touch speakerphone, conference calling, ignore a call with text messaging and Bluetooth? connectivity.
* Easy Messaging ? Centro?s full QWERTY keyboard with comfortable gel-soft keys makes typing complete messages fast and easy. Plus, Centro keeps all conversations in a chat-style view, just like Instant Messaging, so users can see the entire conversation unfold.
* Personal and Work Email ? New users to the smartphone world now have an easy mobile email solution. Personal email is simple to use and, if users have to check their work email, Microsoft Direct Push Technology gives users access to their corporate email, as well as the ability to automatically update work calendars and accept or decline meeting invites, all on the go.
* Web Browsing ? Centro offers web access over the largest and fastest network across North America. The full keyboard and touch screen make navigating, reading, and viewing pages easy.
* Multimedia ? Pocket Tunes? on Centro lets users manage music, audio books and videos easily.(4) Users can also shoot pictures or videos with the built-in digital camera. The Midnight Black Centro from Bell has 128MB of available memory and the ability to add up to 4GB more with a microSD card (sold separately), so there?s plenty of room for playlists, photos and videos.
* Productivity ? Centro enables users to easily create, edit and view Word and Excel compatible documents, as well as view PowerPoint and PDF files. Get one touch access to your phone, applications, calendar and email with four dedicated shortcut keys.

Palm Centro for Bell also comes with a variety of out-of-box software, including Bluetooth, Calculator, Calendar, Camcorder, Camera, Contacts, Documents To Go Professional Edition 10, Email (VersaMail 4.0), HotSync, Memos, Messaging, My Centro, Phone, Pics and Video, Pocket Tunes, Quick Tour, Tasks, Voice Dial, Voice Memo, Web (Blazer 4.5), and World Clock.

For more info visit www.palm.com/ca

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

Samsung Omnia i910 for Verizon
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a
LG Incite Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro Phone for AT&T
BlackBerry Storm for Verzion
HTC Fuze for AT&T
BlackBerry Bold for AT&T
HTC Touch Pro for Sprint
Samsung Epix i907 for AT&T
T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6127

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage