MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Bren

Reged: 02/09/09
Loc: Stockton, CA USA
Which SPRINT phone should I buy? (according to certain features)
      #32577 - 02/09/09 02:52 AM

I have been all over the internet TRYING to sort out all the differences in the newer phones offered by Sprint... HELP!!
I had narrowed it down to Blackberry Curve 8330, LG LOTUS, Palm Treo 800W, Samsung Instinct, and Blackberry Pearl 8130... and was considering the Samsung Rant... HOWEVER my research showed that most of my choices are not MMS capable!!??

Basically, I would like a PDA type (if possible, must have a camera, preferrably with a FLASH amd video, Picture Mail capability, must take SD cards, have a large capacity for contacts, WIRELESS BACKUP desired, as well as email, wi-fi or broadband, games, etc... An MP3 player would be nice and a video player too, but not absolutely required. Also like the sliding text messaging keyboards, etc...

Can ANYONE tell me WHICH phone does have all these features and is available with Sprint?? I should mention, I am a Premier Sprint customer and am upgrading because my phone was stolen last night!! I originally ordered the Palm Centro this a.m., but really feel like I am not going to like that phone....

Thanks so much!! ~ Bren ~

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Which SPRINT phone should I buy? (according to certain features) [Re: Bren]
      #32591 - 02/09/09 07:18 PM

Among the big 4 carriers in the US, Sprint seems to be the most MMS challenged, with several phones not supporting that feature. The HTC Touch Pro is a powerful PDA phone that does indeed support Sprint Picture Mail: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Sprint-HTC-Touch-Pro.htm . The Instinct can do MMS, though I wouldn't call it a PDA or smartphone.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Dusthawk

Reged: 11/22/08
Loc: Bethel Island, California
Re: Which SPRINT phone should I buy? (according to certain features) [Re: Bren]
      #32853 - 03/09/09 05:11 PM

I recently purchased an HTC PPC6800 Mogul and I could not be happier with the purchase. My last two phones I have purchased through Ebay and have had no problems at all with the phones. My Mogul solves all of the deficiencies I had with my last phone, a Treo 650.

The Mogul has a side slide keyboard that easily accommodates my large fingers, it has a very good camera taking both stills and movies and has an LED flash. It doesn't use a regular size SD car, it uses the MicroSD card. I currently have a 2 gig holding all my music and a few games and have about 800Megs still available. I bought the card for $10 and it came with an SD card adapter so it is extremely easy to use. It has a switch that uses WiFi or wireless internet connections, in addition to connecting to the 3G network so the internet is always available. The software is Windows Mobile 6.0 or 6.1 so it is very familiar to most users. The speaker for listening to MP3's is very good considering the size and the earbuds are even better. I haven't started using the Email feature but it is available if needed. HTC has one of the largest touch screens available on the market and it is accurate and easy to use with either the stylus or even your finger.

Basically, I highly recommend researching the HTC line up, LisaG helped me a great deal when I first came here and knows what she is talking about.

My only complaint about Sprint is that it is difficult to transfer contacts between phones. The HTC makes it easier because it had IR and you can just beam the contacts over if the old phone has IR.

Best of luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4994

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage