Sony Ericsson today announced a new Walkman phone, the W995 Walkman, that focuses on mobile video playback. The new W995 Walkman phone also has a 8.1 megapixel camera, 3G and Wi-Fi, a 2.6" screen and Sony Ericsson's Media Go application. Here is more info on this newly announced Sony Ericsson Walkman phone:
Keep amused like never before on one powerful video mobile phone; watch news, TV shows or blockbusters in premium video quality or check out the latest videos from YouTube using Turbo 3G or Wi-Fi. Complete with an 8.1 megapixel camera and Walkman player, with clear audio experience, the W995 Walkman is the ultimate mobile phone to keep you entertained when on the bus, lunch break or waiting for a train.
With Media Go it?s easy to bring your media with you. This unique Sony application makes its worldwide debut on the the W995 Walkman and lets you effortlessly and automatically transfer any audio, photos and videos between your phone and computer. You can even find podcasts with exciting content easily from the directory ? just two clicks and you?re away, and watch the action in all its glory on the bright clear 2.6? screen.?
Set the phone on its built-in stand and watch videos with your friends while you pump up the volume on the powerful built-in stereo speakers. The W995 comes complete with excellent sound for both movies and your favourite tracks. Clear Stereo, Clear Bass and the included HPM-77 premium headphones make music on the move feel like you?re sitting in a recording studio listening to your favourite band live! For the next level of clear audio experience, in selected markets the HPM-88 noise cancelling headset will replace the HPM-77.
To complete the entertainment experience get picture perfect all the time with auto focus, photo flash and face detection. Capture images in their true colours with the 8.1 megapixel camera and you can print pictures up to a full A3 size without having to compromise on quality.
The W995 Walkman Features:
* Optimised video playback with style and performance ? get the best possible video resolution in your pocket
* Videos straight to your phone - Wi-Fi and Turbo 3G ? easy video access to YouTube and other entertainment sites
* Clear 2.6? display - with desk stand, powerful speakers or 3.5mm audio jack
* 8.1 megapixel camera ? take picture perfect images with Photo Flash and face recognition
* Clear audio experience ? enjoy the best sound possible, the way it was meant to be heard
* 8GB Memory Stick Micro ? save an inexhaustible amount of photos, video clips and sounds
* Tag a place-name to your memories or stay on track with aGPS and Google Maps
Media Go Features:
* Transfer, play and organise ? with Media Go you can easily transfer music, videos, photos and podcasts between your mobile phone and computer
* Automatic sync ? sync your music playlists automatically to keep the phone updated with your new music
* Auto convert ? Media Go gives you the best quality playback of multi-media content on a mobile phone. There?s no need to use extra applications to be able to bring your media with you.
* SensMe - create a playlist of songs in your library, you can also sort your music by mood or tempo
* Podcasts ? it has never been easier to subscribe and download podcasts. Apart from adding your own favourites, the directory is there to help you to find the new and exciting content.
* Audio CD ripping ? Use Media Go? to burn your CDs and bring your music and audio books with you
The W995 Walkman supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UTMS/HSPA 900/2100. W995 will be available in selected markets from Q2 in the colours Progressive Black, Cosmic Silver and Energetic Red.
The Sony Ericsson W995 Walkman at a glance
8.1 megapixel camera
Up to 16x digital zoom
Image and Video stabilizer
Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
Music tones (MP3/AAC)
3.5mm audio jack
Access NetFront Web browser
Picture messaging (MMS)
Predictive text input
Text messaging (SMS)
FM radio with RDS
USB mass storage
Geo tagging of photos
Wayfinder Navigator (3-month trial version)
* Battery Charger
* 8GB Memory Stick Micro (M2)
* USB Cable
* Stereo portable handsfree
* Sony Ericsson PC Suite
* Media Go
* User book
Facts and Figures 1)2)
Size: 97 x 49 x 15 mm
Weight: 113 grams
Main screen: 262,144 colour TFT, scratch-resistant
Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
Size: 2.6 inches
Phone memory: Up to 118MB
Memory card support: Memory Stick Micro (M2)
Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 9 hrs
Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 370 hrs
Talk time UMTS: Up to 4 hours
Standby time UMTS: Up to 360 hours
Video talk time: Up to 3.5 hours
Music listening time: Up to 20 hours
Video watching time up to 5hrs
Availability and versions
Available in selected markets from Q2 2009.
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
LG Phone Reviews
Samsung Phone Reviews
Nokia Phone Reviews
Sony Ericsson Phone Reviews
Motorola Phone Reviews
More News. . .
0 registered and 251 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4152
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5