ATT and Pantech Wireless today introduced the Pantech Matrix Pro, available exclusively from ATT on Feb. 24. The Pantech Matrix Pro has dual-sliding, double keyboards and includes a host of updated features including a compact new premium design with a larger and more brilliant LCD screen, a chat-style view of text messages, tri-band 3G for the best global coverage possible, an upgraded camera, more memory, a faster processor and AT&T Video Share calling. Customers can learn more by visiting www.att.com/matrixpro
Pantech Matrix Pro features:
Voice and Calling
* Speakerphone * Voice Command * Voice Dialing
Email & Messaging
* Mobile Email * Text Messaging?Send/receive short messages * Multimedia Messaging?Send/receive messages comprised of text and images * Mobile Instant Messaging?Send/receive messages in real time using AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo!? Messenger * MEdia Net Internet Browsing?Gives you access to email, Web sites, games and more on your wireless phone
Software and Connectivity
* Stereo Bluetooth v2.0 capable * MicroSD Memory Card support?Store songs and other media files up to 32GB (microSD card sold separately) * aGPS supports AT&T Navigator?For turn by turn navigation * Tether to your laptop as a high-speed modem
* Alarm Clock * Calendar * Notepad * Calculator * Tasks * World Time * Voice Note
Camera and Video
* 2 megapixel camera with up to 4x digital zoom * CV?Watch streaming video on your device * Video Share?Share a live or recorded video during a call
Personalization and Entertainment
* AT&T Mobile Music?Includes integrated MP3 music player, MusicID, XM Radio and more * Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for music and video on the go * Audio File Formats?MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, and Real? files * Video File formats?MPEG4, WMV, and more
Customers in 3G coverage can also use AT&T Video Share to send live video during a phone call to a user with a compatible phone. With aGPS support for location-based services such as AT&T Navigator, the Matrix Pro can help you find your way with turn-by-turn directions. AT&T Navigator is available for a free 30-day trial.
A messaging and multimedia powerhouse, the Matrix Pro has smartphone-class memory and processing power to go beyond simple text messaging and voice and allows customers to run the thousands of applications available to Windows Mobile users. It supports threaded chat-style text messaging, corporate and personal e-mail and also provides access to a host of AT&T services such as MobiTV, Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, AT&T Mobile Banking and CV on-demand video.
The Matrix Pro operates on the fastest 3G network at home and the best global coverage outside the U.S. ? even in Japan and South Korea ? because the Matrix Pro supports all three 3G frequencies used worldwide.
* Dimensions: 4.17 x 2.0 x 0.85 inches * Weight: 4.3 ounces * Battery Details: 1320mAh Li-polymer battery * Talk Time: Up to 3 hours * Standby Time: Up to 10.4 days * Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA * Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (GSM/GPRS/EDGE); 850/1900/2100 MHz (UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA)* * Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional * Memory: 256 MB ROM and 128 MB RAM with MicroSD expandable memory (sold separately) * Display: 2.4 inches; QVGA screen; 240 x 320 pixels * Sliding 12 key and QWERTY keyboard
Pricing and Availability The Matrix Pro will be available Feb. 24 in a steel-blue metallic finish at AT&T company-owned stores and online at www.wireless.att.com for $179.99 after a two-year service agreement and a $50 mail-in rebate
The specs released by AT&T and Pantech says the Pantech Matrix Pro runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. But we have it in our hands and are testing the phone, and we can tell you that it's not a Pro touch screen phone. It runs the Windows Mobile Standard Edition.
Stay tuned for the full review of the Pantech Matrix Pro.