MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Phone review: Samsung Memoir 8 megapixel camera phone with touch screen on T-Mobile
      #32751 - 02/24/09 11:23 PM

The 8 megapixel autofocus Samsung Memoir t929 makes mincemeat of every high end camera phone offered by a US carrier, including its cousin the Samsung Behold. This T-Mobile phone features Samsung's TouchWiz user interface with a 240 x 400 pixel touch screen that has automatic rotation via accelerometer and haptic feedback. It looks like a retro Leica camera; very chic. The Memoir has an HTML browser with 3G HSDPA, Bluetooth with stereo support, an SDHC microSD card slot and both music and video players. Destined to be one of the hot phones of 2009, we're thrilled to see Samsung and T-Mobile take the big step into high-end touch screen imaging phones in the US. This review includes a video review.

Read our Samsung Memoir review.

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Edited by Jacob_Spindel (02/25/09 11:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ravicai

Reged: 06/30/08
Re: Phone review: Samsung Memoir 8 megapixel camera phone with touch screen on T-Mobile [Re: LisaG]
      #32871 - 03/11/09 01:12 PM

I love you guys as a review site and I frequently read here. However!

You guys are driving me crazy with your the incomplete specs you put on your reviews. I'm always having to go to other web sites to find more complete data. Take this review for example; On the bottom, in the specs section, you fail to mention the operating system. Also, under performance you put "100 megs internal storage, can store up to 2,000 contacts.".... ummm, that has nothing to do with performance. Storage, yes. Performance, no. What CPU is this thing running? At the very least you can put "unknown" then at least I know it's "unknown" and won't have to read the article 3 times thinking I missed it. What about ram? Again, even putting "unknown" would be helpful.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Phone review: Samsung Memoir 8 megapixel camera phone with touch screen on T-Mobile [Re: Ravicai]
      #32872 - 03/11/09 01:26 PM

Feature phone operating systems are generally proprietary and are developed in-house by the manufacturer. So we'd have to put something vague like "LG proprietary OS", or Samsung OS. There often is no public name for the operating system. If there is a name, say the Moto phones that run Linux variants, we state it. Smartphones always have a branded and disclosed OS, so you'll always find that info in our specs section and in the body of the review.

When the manufacturer (or a testing utility) tells us what CPU a phone has, we state it in the specs, likewise for RAM. If they will not state this info and there's no utility to find out, then we have to leave those specs out. So if it's not there, take it to indicate it's unknown .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5213

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage