General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Reminder: LG 830 Spyder Phone Needs Software Upgrade
      #32781 - 02/28/09 10:05 AM

LG has announced that LG 830 "Spyder" cell phones with software versions T83LGV03 and T83LGV04 require a software upgrade, and has initiated a voluntary program to provide that upgrade free. Here is more info:

Many of you with LG 830 "Spyder" cell phones with those software versions have already received the upgrade, and no other action is necessary. The following is a support related Q&A for the LG 830 Spyder owners:

Q1: What is the reason for the software upgrade?

A1: The reason for the software upgrade is to resolve any difficulty sustaining a connection to or poor voice quality on calls to emergency 911. Otherwise the phones work as intended.

Q2: Which specific LG 830 ?Spyder? cell phones need the software upgrade?

A2: Only the small number of LG 830 ?Spyder? touch-screen slider cell phones with software version T83LGV03 or T83LGV04 need the software upgrade. Owners of those cell phones have been or are being contacted directly by their wireless carrier or LG Electronics MobileComm to schedule a free software upgrade. These phones were sold from September 2008 through November 2008 only in Alabama, Alaska, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Washington State and Wisconsin by certain regional wireless carriers, including

Appalachian Wireless
Inland Cellular
Bluegrass Cellular
Leaco
Cellcom
Nex-Tech Wireless
Cellular South
Northwest Missouri Cellular
Centennial de Puerto Rico
Silver Star Communications
Golden State Cellular
Thumb Cellular
Illinois Valley Cellular

No other LG cell phones or software versions are affected.

Q3: How do I find out if my LG 830 ?Spyder? has software version T83LGV03 or T83LGV04?

A3: The cell phone model number can be found underneath the battery. The software version can be verified by going into the menu of the cell phone, selecting ?Settings? then ?Phone Information? then ?Version.? Detailed instructions also can be found on page 87 of the phone?s user guide.

Q4: If I haven?t already received the software upgrade, what should I do?

A4: Following notice by the regional wireless carrier or LG Electronics MobileComm, most of the LG 830 ?Spyder? cell phones with software versions T83LGV03 and T83LGV04 have already received the upgrade and no further action is necessary. If you have not already received a software upgrade after December 2, 2008 and your phone still has software version T83LGV03 or T83LGV04, please contact your wireless carrier to schedule your free software upgrade.

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

LG Phone Reviews
Samsung Phone Reviews
Nokia Phone Reviews
Sony Ericsson Phone Reviews
Motorola Phone Reviews

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3827

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage