To launch the Xperia X1 with Windows Mobile and a WIPI Platform, Sony Ericsson Korea cooperated with SK Telecom, the distributor of the product, to customize the X1 in consideration of the local Korean customers. The result was the development of three new panels - "My smart panel," "DAUM panel" and "My PC panel" and the localization of the ?SPB panel? in Korean for the local user?s convenience. The sales of the Xperia X1 will start within March.
?My smart panel? is a wireless Internet service for smart phones developed by SKT, which provides users easy access to online services including mail, messenger and internet browsing. ?DAUM panel? is a customized service by Sony Ericsson which gives users instant access to services found on the DAUM portal, such as mail, web search and T-story whilst ?My PC panel? allows users to experience ubiquitous and individualized media services by connecting the mobile to the content and software of a PC through WiBro. In addition, the ?SPB panel? is a great panel which gives quick finger-friendly access to everything you need in a second.
Specific to the Korean market, additional components and accessories including a battery with charger, a 4G micro SD card installed with the movie Spiderman 3 will accompany every purchase of the Xperia? X1. The first 1,000 customers will get their names engraved on their X1 and a luxurious leather phone case for free, making it truly personalized.
?We are very excited to establish Sony Ericsson?s presence in Korea and firmly believe that we have the right product to offer to Korean consumers,? said Hirokazu Ishizuka, Corporate Vice President and Head of the Asia Pacific region. ?Working closely with our strategic partner, SK Telecom, we will build the Sony Ericsson brand awareness and increase our mindshare within the marketplace.?
?Xperia X1 is truly a personalized phone which offers smart-phone users an innovative yet premium mobile multimedia experience,? said Youn-hee Han, Head of Sony Ericsson Korea. ?Worldwide, it is the first time that the Xperia X1 has been customized with four panels to suit a local market needs, and it is a clear indication of Sony Ericsson?s commitment to the market.?
Additionally, over 60 SK Network and Sony Korea service centres and contact centre(Call Center:1588-4170) have been set up to support the after-sales service for Xperia X1.
Users can download the X1 Korean video manual and various panels for free on the X1 website: wwww.xperia.co.kr
* Quad-Band EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz * Tri-Band HSPA 900/1700/1900/2100 MHz * Data Transfer (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps & HSUPA 2Mbps) * S-GPS & A-GPS * Bluetooth? technology * Modem * USB support * WLAN
Windows Mobile? Operating System 6.1
* Microsoft? Outlook Mobile: email, contacts, calendar, tasks * Microsoft? Office Mobile: Word, Excel, PowerPoint * Synchronization * Internet Explorer? Mobile * Windows Media? Player Mobile * Windows Live? * Exchange ActiveSync? * Utility Applications: file explorer, calculator, pictures & video, notes
* Auto focus * 3.2 megapixel camera * Photo light * Video recording (MPEG-4 real time over 30 frames compression format)
* Video streaming (3GPP Play) * Video viewing (H.264/AAC Codec) * USB 2.0 mass storage device support * Bluetooth? stereo (A2DP) * Standard 3.5mm Stereo Audio Output * Windows Media Player Mobile * Java VM(MIDP 2.0/CLDC 1.1) * 3D games * MP3 Music tones * FM radio
* Internet Explorer? Mobile * Opera 9.5 browser * Web Surfing Browser * RSS feeds