MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Phones (regular phones not smartphones)

Pages: 1
Lerie

Reged: 03/17/09
Loc: Chandler, AZ
LG Lotus
      #32913 - 03/17/09 10:01 PM

I have to say I was super excited about purchasing the Lotus. I was getting rid of my blackberry and my Razor and this seemed the perfect solution. One month after purchasing the phone, I was in the middle of a conversation when the person on the other end could no longer hear me. At that point, my phone was broke. This occured with every call. I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. I take it in to get fixed and am told that there is "water damage" on the board and my warranty is void. My phone has been no where near water. So, I ask, would sweating while you're talking on the phone cause that? The answer, yes. I live in Arizona for crying out loud. You can't walk outside without sweating and this apparently completely cripples the Lotus. I haven't had that problem with any other cell phone I've ever owned.
LG, please fix the design of your phone so people in Arizona, or anyone who may work out occassionally or happens to be crying while on the phone won't have to puchase another phone!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: LG Lotus [Re: Lerie]
      #32914 - 03/17/09 10:06 PM

No, sweating shouldn't cause the water exposure indicator in the phone to turn color. That generally requires immersion. Condensing humidity (think jungle, the opposite of AZ) might do it too. Unless you were literally pouring buckets of sweat (dripping as if you'd just hopped out of a pool)onto the phone, there's no chance. Something else did it-- maybe at the factory or in transit to the store that sold it to you.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8399

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage