As demand for mobile apps continues to grow, ATT Wireless today released the top 10 performing applications based on new sales from January through March, offering a closer look at what consumers are doing with their phones beyond talking, texting and tweeting. Here is the info:
"As reported in ATT's first-quarter earnings, wireless data revenues for the company grew 39 percent year-over-year. A key contributor to this growth is use of mobile applications and games, many of which are available via AT&T MEdia Mall, AT&T?s multimedia content store.
The 10 top performing apps of the first quarter were:
1. AT&T Navigator. Since its launch a year ago, AT&T Navigator has ranked among the top 10 best performing apps each quarter. The GPS application provides audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions and includes a host of other features such as a national business finder, lowest price fuel finder and more.
2. AT&T Mobile TV. Catch broadcast-quality live and time-shifted programming, including full-length episodes of popular sitcoms, sporting events, movies, news programs and more. Available in more than 60 markets.
3. Napster Mobile. Browse, preview and download from a catalog of more than 7 million full songs. Downloads are delivered simultaneously to your mobile handset and PC.
4. XM Radio Mobile. Tune in and rock out to 25 commercial-free XM Radio channels while on the go.
5. MobiTV. Watch and enjoy more than 40 television channels, including live programming and made-for-mobile TV.
6. WikiMobile. Enjoy pocket access to all 2 million Wikipedia articles, including pictures and quick facts. Bookmark favorites for quick and easy tracking.
7. Shazam (MusicID). Can?t name that tune? Identify a song?s title and artist, buy the full track or ringtone, and share the info with friends through this music recognition app.
8. Make-UR-Tones. Create signature ringtones from more than 400,000 music titles from major and independent music labels.
9. My-Cast Weather. Access current U. S. weather conditions including real-time Doppler radar and satellite imagery for locations of interest. View temps, winds, dew point and sky conditions displayed over a regional, national or local weather map and get 12-hour and 7-day forecasts as well as severe weather alerts.
10. MobiVJ. Get all-day, all-night access to more than 10 channels of the hottest music videos from a variety of genres, including Hip Hop, R&B, Rock, Pop, Latin, Country and more.
The top 10 performing games for the quarter included:
1. Tetris. Tetris has long been the top-selling puzzle game at AT&T. Players move and rotate falling Tetriminos to form horizontal lines in the Matrix. When a line is completed, it disappears from the Matrix.
2. Bejeweled. Line up three or more gems in horizontal or vertical rows. When three or more gems line up, they are removed from the board and points are earned.
3. Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile. Based on the hit console game; Rock the drums and guitar to 15 new tracks and engage in multiplayer battles against live opponents. Want more? New songs are added monthly. AT&T customers get access to exclusive mobile tracks you can't play anywhere else.
4. PAC-MAN by Namco. Guide PAC-MAN through the maze by using the navigation keys, avoiding the ghosts while gobbling up all the PAC-dots.
5. Ms. PAC-MAN by Namco. Guide Ms. PAC-MAN through the maze by using the navigation keys, avoiding the ghosts while gobbling up all the PAC-dots.
6. Jewel Quest II. Journey through Africa to explore ancient ruins and find hidden treasures in this mystical match-3 adventure.
7. Diner Dash. Build a restaurant empire by seating, serving and churning the customers. Earn big tips to improve the diner. Move through the levels, and add additional seating and nicer amenities.
8. The Oregon Trail. Guide your party through the unknown wilderness from Independence, Mo., to a valley in Oregon. All of the problem solving and role-playing fun of the original game in a side-scrolling adventure.
9. Midnight Pool 2. Choose one of eight welcoming bars to test your pool skills against a cast of wild characters in this heated competition.
10. Platinum Sudoku. Play more than 640,000 Sudoku grids or create your own. If stumped, get instant help with printed puzzles.
In addition to mobile apps and games, there are more than 90,000 pieces of content available in the AT&T MEdia Mall, including ringtones, graphics and more. AT&T MEdia Mall is accessible from AT&T mobile phones and online at www.att.com/mediamall"
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Instinct S30 for Sprint
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Touch Screen Phone
LG Rumor 2 for Sprint
Palm Treo Pro for Sprint
LG Versa for Verizon
Samsung Memoir for T-Mobile
Pantech Matrix Pro C820
More News. . .
1 registered and 1434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4655
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5