Sprint plans to launch the Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 intelligent mobile hotspot device for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year service agreement (excluding taxes). The MiFi 2200, available in the first week of June on www.sprint.com, in Sprint retail stores and other select channels, will allow users to connect to the Internet by bridging WiFi-enabled devices like laptops, MP3 players and gaming devices to the EVDO Rev A Sprint Mobile Broadband Network. Here is more info:
" Business and consumer customers may choose from the following service plans for the MiFi 2200:
* $59.99 per month mobile broadband only plan (excluding taxes and surcharges)
* $149.99 per month Simply Everything Plan + Mobile Broadband (phone plus device connectivity -- excluding taxes and surcharges)
Both plans include up to 5 GB per month and 5 cents per megabyte overage for the MiFi 2200.
The Simply Everything Plan + Mobile Broadband, unique in the industry, was introduced this February to give customers the benefits of the Now Network on their phone and laptop for one price. The plan includes unlimited text, picture and video messaging, GPS navigation, email and Web surfing on their phone, plus 5 GB of blazing Internet access on their mobile broadband device ? all for just $149.99 per month. Now, for that same price, customers can use the MiFi 2200 and connect to more devices at once.
How MiFi works
MiFi creates a personal cloud of high-speed Internet connectivity that can be easily shared among up to five users and a variety of WiFi-enabled devices through its connection to the EVDO Rev A Sprint Mobile Broadband Network. For example:
* College student: a college student tucks her MiFi 2200 in her backpack to study with friends at the park and uses it to listen to streaming radio on her MP3 player while she connects to the school?s Intranet on her laptop to get details on a class assignment. She takes a break to take pictures of her pals with her Wi-Fi enabled digital camera, and the camera uses the MiFi?s signal to upload the photos to Facebook while she emails her completed report to her professor, then uses the device?s GPS capability to find a nearby pizza place for lunch.
* Business travelers: Two business travelers share a cab to the airport, then wait for their flight. Sharing the signal of one MiFi 2200 device that is safely tucked away in a briefcase, they download emails and surf the Internet on their notebooks and stream music to their MP3 players.
* Portable retail: Five vendors at a local art fair have kiosks in close proximity. Accessing one MiFi 2200 device?s signal, they each run a credit card point-of-sale device over WiFi and have secure backhaul.
Key Features of the Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot
* Easily fits in the palm of your hand -- dimensions: 3.50?x 2.32? x 0.35? and weight: 2.05 oz.
* Brushed aluminum finish
* Provides mobile broadband Rev A Internet access wirelessly
* Supports up to five WiFi-enabled devices
* Simple to connect with Hands-Free Activation (OMA-DM). No software installation required
* Universal Wi-Fi compatibility
* Advanced security through WPA2-PSK, WEP and SPI Firewall
* MiFi GPS capabilities to take advantage of select location and mapping applications, such as getting driving or walking directions or finding the best restaurant nearby
* Battery provides four hours of user time, 40 hours standby on single charge"
For more info visit www.sprint.com
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Impression for AT&T
Samsung Instinct S30 for Sprint
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Touch Screen Phone
LG Rumor 2 for Sprint
Palm Treo Pro for Sprint
LG Versa for Verizon
Samsung Memoir for T-Mobile
Pantech Matrix Pro C820
More News. . .
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4345
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5