Today is a netbook day! After Toshiba just announced its first netbook, the Toshiba mini NB205, Fujitsu introduced the the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook, its first netbook-class mini for the North American market. The 10.1-inch M2010 features a mercury-free backlit display and weighs 2.5 pounds. With a durable design, Fujitsu targets the education market as well as mobile professionals with the new netbook. Comes in glossy ruby red, the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook can withstand being casually tucked into handbags, messenger bags and backpacks.
Here is more info about the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook:
"The Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook stands out from other netbook-class mini-notebooks with features including easy expandability up to 2 GB, three USB ports rather than the standard two ports, stereo speakers, digital microphone, Bluetooth and a quick 50-second start-up.
The Fujitsu M2010 features:
-Portable at 2.5 pounds, stylish with a durable, non-painted, glossy ruby red finish, environmentally friendly with a 10.1-inch WSVGA mercury-free backlit display, and ENERGY STAR qualified.
-Powered by Intel Atom Processor, 160 GB 5400 rpm hard drive, and Microsoft Windows XP Home, the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook is ideal for the K-12 education market and mobile professional.
-Easy user expandable memory from standard 1 GB DDR2 memory to 2 GB.
- Digital microphone along with two-watt-per-channel stereo speakers and integrated webcam for recording/listening to webcasts or podcasts.
-Comfortable typing experience with a 90 percent keyboard.
- Offers three USB ports rather than the standard two found in other netbook-class notebooks.
- Standard Bluetooth technology provides for wireless personal area network communication with other Bluetooth-compatible devices.
- Atheros Wireless LAN and wireless LAN antenna helps assure a solid connection.
-Standard three-cell battery delivers 2.5 hours of computing or double it with an optional six-cell battery.
- Get up and running quickly with a 50-second boot-up.
The Fujitsu M2010 netbook is priced starting at $449 for a fixed configuration. Available immediately through the Fujitsu America website and select retailers/e-tailers."