MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
IBD

Reged: 05/06/09
Loc: Auburn, California
Window Mobile & iphone
      #33214 - 05/06/09 05:58 PM

Lisa, could you help me a little bit with the advantages and disadvantages for iphone and window mobile pro? I am thinking of getting one of them. I primarily use the phone for phone and pda. It will be nice if any of these phones will work with logmein (if you happen to know). As a pda, I will use it to manage my calendar, events, tasks, appointments, transferring files to and from PC (mostly MS Excel and Words), and email. As for the phone part, I have a 3G in the office and also at home. But, at home, the signal is very weak for all carriers (both GSM and CDMA). So, I prefer phone that can pull well weak signal too. Lastly, it will be nice to have excellent incoming and outgoing sound quality. Which phone would you recommend me Lisa? Is it iphone or Window Mobile? If it is Window Mobile, which phone? Thank you Lisa.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Window Mobile & iphone [Re: IBD]
      #33215 - 05/06/09 06:32 PM

Welcome to MTR, IBD.

There is a LogMeIn app for iPhone available on the App Store, and I can confirm that it works well. I don't think there is a Windows Mobile application for LogMeIn per se, but accessing https://secure.logmein.com/pda from an ARM-based Windows Mobile device supposedly works well.

The iPhone can view Office documents, but apps for actually editing them are only just beginning to emerge. Windows Mobile devices do have several options in this area - besides the included Mobile versions of Word and Excel, there are alternatives like TextMaker available for purchase.

There are dozens of Windows Mobile phones out there, so I can't make any blanket statements about reception or voice quality. I'm happy with my iPhone in this and other aspects, but you could say I'm a little biased.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

IBD

Reged: 05/06/09
Loc: Auburn, California
Re: Window Mobile & iphone [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #33495 - 06/17/09 08:01 PM

Jacob, are you going to get the 3G S? I played with Nokia E71x the other day, and I liked it. It is fast and very snappy, unlike Windows Mobile applications. I never get to play with the iphone. Is the iphone also fast like Nokia E71? I am thinking of getting the Nokia. It is $50 at Fry's Electronic. It is a very good deal (can't go wrong with $50, right?)

Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Window Mobile & iphone [Re: IBD]
      #33505 - 06/18/09 02:18 PM

I used to work at Fry's, and it was a really bad place to work... so whether $50 is a good deal is actually a morality question in my opinion.

I haven't tried the Nokia E71 so I don't know how fast it is. I'm not planning on getting the 3Gs at this time since I've realized that I'm paying a ton of money for a cell phone plan that I barely use, and for now I don't want to extend my contract any further.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Window Mobile & iphone [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #33535 - 06/22/09 08:00 PM

The iPhone 3G S is definitely as fast as the Nokia E71x.

- Lisa

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5065

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage