The highly anticipated global 3G BlackBerry Tour from Research In Motion (RIM) is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on July 12. Here is the fact sheet of the BlackBerry Tour from Verizon:
The BlackBerry Tour is a 3G world phone, giving customers the option to make phone calls in 220 countries and to access e-mail and Internet in any of the 175 countries where Verizon Wireless provides data roaming services.
Verizon Wireless customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/tour to pre-order the BlackBerry Tour for $199.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
Following are key features and specifications on the BlackBerry Tour:
* Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks * Single-band: 2100 MHz; UMTS/HSPA networks * Dual-band: 800/1900 MHz; CDMA/EV-DO Revision A networks * BlackBerry Tour comes with a pre-installed SIM Card
* HTML Web browsing * Size: 4.4? (h) x 2.4 (w) x .6? (d) * Weight (battery included): 4.58 oz. * Memory: 256 MB internal flash memory; 256 MB RAM * USB Port: enables charging and high-speed data synchronization via USB ?A? to micro-USB ?B? cable * Power Adapter: +5V DC / 500 mA AC power adapter with interchangeable location specific plugs * Battery: 1400 mAh removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium cell * Battery Life:
* Talk time: five hours * Standby time: 14 days
* Keyboard: 35-key backlit QWERTY and Trackball navigation * Display: High-resolution HVGA+ (480 x 360 pixels), 2.4? color, TFT LCD. Supports over 65k colors * Voice:
* Input/Output integrated speaker and microphone * Hands-free headset-capable * Bluetooth headset-capable * Integrated hands-free speakerphone
* Ringtones: 32 polyphonic ? MIDI, .mp3
Bluetooth Capabilities (version 2.0)
* Supports mono/stereo headset, hands-free, phonebook access profile (PBAP), serial port profile supported, Bluetooth stereo audio (A2DP/AVCRP), and DUN
Stay in Touch
* Send and receive text and picture messages (SMS and MMS) * Enhanced Web Mail for AOL Mail, Gmail, Windows Live or Yahoo! Mail * Open document and graphic attachments including JPEG, Adobe PDF and Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint files * Edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint files * Instant messaging capabilities with Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger or ICQ applications built specifically for BlackBerry smartphones * Social networking for BlackBerry smartphones ? customers can access Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones; Flickr Photo Uploader for BlackBerry smartphones; and MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones
Entertainment On The Go
* Media Player ? Customers can watch videos and listen to music
* Supported video formats: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV * Supported audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus Bluetooth * Built-in video recording
* Camera with Geo-Tagging capability ? allows customers to take photos with a 3.2 megapixel camera with image stabilization, auto flash, auto focus and 2x digital zoom. Date, time and location stamp geo-tag supported by camera, BlackBerry Maps and Flickr
* BlackBerry Media Sync ? allows customers to sync their desktop music files with their BlackBerry smartphones
* Mobile Streaming ? allows customers to access videos, music or even sports and news clips from Web sites built for mobile streaming
* BlackBerry App World ? customers can personalize their BlackBerry smartphones with games, social networking, and personal productivity applications
* For small- to medium-sized businesses, Hosted BlackBerry services and BlackBerry Professional Software are designed to offer affordable solution options. For large organizations, BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is designed to provide advanced security features and enterprise-grade functionality.
* A BlackBerry Tour without a camera will be available to enterprise customers. This version does not come with the 2 GB microSD card pre-installed or the stereo headset.
Verizon Wireless Features
* V CAST Music with Rhapsody ? customers can choose from more than 4 million songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a USB cable * VZ Navigator(SM)-capable ? customers can get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others and BlackBerry Maps * Visual Voice Mail to help customers prioritize their messages * Mobile Broadband Connect-capable ? allows customers to use the device as a modem to connect to Verizon Wireless? high-speed network with a qualifying Nationwide plan