Sony Ericsson announced the new fashion mobile phone, Jalou. Packed with unique features and encased in a beautiful facet-cut jewel form, it is a stylish addition to any handbag. Jalou will be available in selected markets Q4 2009. Here is more info:
Sony Ericsson's latest style statement is only 73mm long - shorter than your favourite lipstick, it is easy to slip into the tiniest clutch or jacket pocket and is full of essential features. Never mind a signature necklace or oversized shades; Jalou is the perfect accessory.
The two inch screen?s clever design means that at the touch of a button the screen becomes a mirror, offering a discreet way to make sure you look as good as your mobile phone. It is also the first Sony Ericsson to feature Walk Mate step counter, to help you stay in shape wherever you go. It also has an exclusive fashion interface which automatically updates with zodiac signs and special events throughout the year. Jalou will be available in a variety of gem inspired colours including: Deep Amethyst, Aquamarine Blue and Onyx Black.
Other features include the 3.2 megapixel camera, music player, video recording, 3G, Bluetooth, built-in FM radio and Internet where you can check your email, watch YouTube clips, Google, as well as upload your video and photos to your favourite social networking sites.
Jalou Irresistible compact fashion phone comes with the following features and lots more:
* 3.2 megapixel camera ? snap your favourite outfit and send to your friends * Video recording ? film and post clips online anytime * Stereo FM radio ? catch up on the latest songs while on the move * Music player ? with Bluetooth stereo, PlayNow and TrackID * Bluetooth 2.0 ? upload images and videos to your social network site * Mirror Key ? check your hair before a hot date * Walk Mate step counter ? see how far you have walked while out shopping * Internet - Google search, Google maps, email, instant messaging, picture messaging * Entertainment ? YouTubeapplication, 3D games, video viewing * Weight ? will not weigh your handbag down, only 84 grams
Jalou supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UTMS/HSDPA 2100. Jalou will be available in the fourth quarter 2009 in the colours Deep Amethyst, Aquamarine Blue and Onyx Black.
The Sony Ericsson Jalou phone at a glance
* 3.2 megapixel camera * 3.2x digital zoom (up to) * Geo tagging * Photo feeds * Photo fix * Send to web * Video light * Video recording
* Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) * Media player * MEGA BASS * Music tones ((MP3/AAC) * PlayNow * TrackID?
* Access NetFront web browser * Bookmarks * Google search (from standby) * Web feeds
* Call list * Conference calls * Speakerphone * Vibrating alert * Video calling (main camera)
* Conversations * Email * Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync * Instant messaging * Picture messaging (MMS) * Predictive text input * Sound recorder * Text messaging (SMS)
* Auto rotate * Media * Picture wallpaper * Wallpaper animation
* 3D games * FM radio with RDS * Java * Motion gaming * Video streaming * Video viewing * Walk Mate step counter * YouTube application
* A-GPS (US only) * Bluetooth technology * Google Maps * Modem * Synchronization * USB mass storage * USB support
* Sony Ericsson Jalou * Battery * Charger * Stereo * Portable handsfree * User documentation
* Size: 73 x 45 x 18.2 mm * Weight: 84 grams * Colours * Onyx Black * Deep Amethyst * Aquamarine Blue * Main Screen: * Type: 262,144 colour TFT * Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels (QVGA) * Size: 2.0 inches
* Type: Monochrome LCD * Resolution: 128 x 36 pixels * Size: 1.3 inches * Phone memory: Up to 100 MB * Memory card support: SanDisk microSD * Talk time GSM: Up to 7 hrs * Standby time GSM: Up to 350 hrs * Talk time UMTS: Up to 4 hrs 30 min * Standby time UMTS: Up to 250 hrs * Video call time: Up to 2 hrs