Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone Game Review: Snood
      #34217 - 08/24/09 08:38 PM

iPhone Game Review: Snood
Reviewed by Leah Jennings

Snood is a casual puzzle game that can get very addictive.

Snood for iPhone is a port of the classic PC/Mac Snood game. The gameplay is pretty simple: there are different color Snoods at the top of the screen, you have to shoot Snoods out of the cannon like contraption at the bottom of the screen to group 3 or more Snoods together to remove them from the board. If the Snoods descend past the bottom of the playing field, the game is over.

All the Snoods have different personalities -flirty, fun, bright, and even scared- and you can even choose to play with the classic Snoods if you prefer. In single player mode there are 4 options to choose from: Story, Classic, Time Attack, and Puzzle. In Story, your goal is to help the real Snoods defeat the Numbskull Legion and get back to Planet Snood. If you don?t want that much responsibility, there?s Classic mode in which the screen gradually fills up with more rows of Snoods, making gameplay more difficult. There are 5 difficulty levels in Classic mode. Time Attack mode mirrors classic except these games are tuned by how long you have before the danger meter fills up completely (the danger meter builds with each Snood launched, and recedes when Snoods are released, if the danger meter fills completely, the Snoods descend). Puzzle mode offers different games tailored to your experience with Snood in other modes. There are also 5 difficulty levels in Puzzle mode.

There are 2 multiplayer options: head-to-head or challenge. In head-to-head, you play against each other online live, and in challenge you play and challenge your opponent to play later and beat your score. Both of these options require a Facebook account.

Fun and animated 2D graphics help polish the game. The new Snoods are well designed, giving the game a fun feel.

The background music is upbeat, space age type music. It fits the game very well, and helps you stay in a Snood mood! (Corny, I know, but hey!)

Snood for iPhone and iPod touch is a very good port of the PC/Mac game, and is also very addicting once you get into the groove of the gameplay.

Ratings (scale of 1 to 5):

Graphics: -4- Fun and animated 2D graphics.
Sound: -3.5- Upbeat music that suits the game well.
Controls: -3.5- Easy to learn, simple tap and swipe motion.
Gameplay: -4- Very addictive, and difficult to master.

Playing Hints and Tips:
-You can ricochet the Snoods off the walls, so remember that when trying to get the
Snood to a certain area.

-Remember aim is everything, so aim carefully. If you?re even one Snood off it could mess up your whole game.

Game Facts:
Developer: EA Mobile
Release Date: Aug. 5, 2009
Genre: Casual
Price: $3.99
Buy Game: iTunes App Store

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LordGek
PDA Addict

Reged: 08/13/02
Loc: California
Re: iPhone Game Review: Snood [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #34219 - 08/24/09 09:29 PM

Nice to finally get the OFFICIAL Snood on iPhone and not just another cheesy clone of the classic king of the bubble shooters!

I still prefer the classic look and believe the yellow guy with the dark glasses is named Steve.

--------------------
Staff Reviewer at Mobile Tech Review

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Re: iPhone Game Review: Snood [Re: LordGek]
      #34220 - 08/24/09 09:34 PM

Quote:

Nice to finally get the OFFICIAL Snood on iPhone and not just another cheesy clone of the classic king of the bubble shooters!

I still prefer the classic look and believe the yellow guy with the dark glasses is named Steve.

Your kidding! I thought his name was Steve, too.

Carlosz
PDA Addict

Reged: 07/28/09
      #34222 - 08/24/09 11:19 PM

To be honest I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would.

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Re: iPhone Game Review: Snood [Re: Carlosz]
      #34225 - 08/25/09 08:53 AM

It sure is addictive, isn't it?

DevilishlyGood
PDA Addict

Reged: 07/27/09
Loc: United States
      #34233 - 08/25/09 11:56 AM

That's funny because I had never heard of this game until it hit the iPhone.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9183

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage