MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
fightinsurfgrl

Reged: 09/24/09
Loc: California, USA
N97/N95/ Nokia Xpress Music 5800
      #34654 - 09/24/09 09:07 AM

Alright so here's my little issue. I'm a dedicated Nokia fan. I love their phones, never had a problem and would just like to upgrade. I can't decided which phone I should get: N97, N95 or the 5800. Honestly the 5800 is more in my price range but I love that N95 has a 5mp camera and I just want to know if anyone else would recommend which phone I should get? I mean a touch screen would be amazing but I don't have $600 to drop on a phone. So any suggestions? So I'm just really wondering if anyone has any of these phones would like to give me a head's up if the phone is really worth buying? Any odd quirks the phones might have and how the day to day usage on the phone is? I currently have the N75. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: N97/N95/ Nokia Xpress Music 5800 [Re: fightinsurfgrl]
      #34656 - 09/24/09 04:59 PM

I've had all 3 and if I were on a tight budget, I think I'd lean toward the N95. The N95 is pretty old and you should be able to find it for a lot less than the N97. Nokiausa.com has it for $369 (they list a few colors and versions at various prices but that's the cheapest). Though it's old it's still a really excellent phone.

The 5800 is a fun phone but the touch experience may take some getting used to since there's no d-pad to navigate around the phone the old-fashioned way you might be accustomed to. obviously the camera isn't as good as the N95 and N97. But the higher resolution display is nice when web browsing (not sure how important that it to you).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

fightinsurfgrl

Re: N97/N95/ Nokia Xpress Music 5800 [Re: LisaG]
      #34659 - 09/24/09 06:33 PM

Web browsing would be nice but I have computer access pretty much all the time so its not too high on my list. I really liked the N95 when it came out and I'm just not sure now because it is rather old.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: N97/N95/ Nokia Xpress Music 5800 [Re: fightinsurfgrl]
      #34664 - 09/25/09 03:17 AM

How about the Nokia N85? It's the recent reincarnation of the N95 at an affordable price. It's a bit more plasticky but then again, Amazon often has it for around $330. It's included in this review: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Nokia-N96-Nokia-N79-Nokia-N85.htm .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

fightinsurfgrl

Re: N97/N95/ Nokia Xpress Music 5800 [Re: LisaG]
      #34665 - 09/25/09 08:19 AM

I'm gonna go with the 5800. Thanks so much for your help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4481

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage