Soon, we will see it here from Verizon, but Vodafone and Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone for customers in seven European countries as well as South Africa.
The second generation of RIM's innovative and award-winning touch-screen smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2 significantly improves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform. The BlackBerry Storm2 with BlackBerry OS 5 evolves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform with hundreds of hardware and software enhancements.
The BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone (model 9520) from Vodafone features:
New SurePress Technology
The BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone introduces a new SurePress technology based on an electronic system that provides the user with tactile feedback when the touch-screen is pressed. The new system responds equally to gentle pressure applied anywhere on the surface of the screen and makes clicking the display practically effortless. Typing on the smartphone's virtual keyboards is easier, more comfortable and more accurate. The new SurePress technology also allows the user to type a letter with one thumb even while their other thumb may still be touching or resting on another letter, enabling faster typing and multi-key actions such as Shift or Alt -key combinations.
* Smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate
* Large (3.25?), dazzling, high resolution 360 x 480 display at 184 ppi
* Capacitive touch-screen with integrated functions (Send, End, Menu, Escape) and new SurePress technology that makes clicking the display practically effortless
* Global connectivity support: UMTS/HSPA (2100Mhz), quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) networks
* 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
* 256 MB of Flash memory
* 2 GB of onboard memory storage and a microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available
* Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology, loud distortion-free speakerphone and face detection (proximity sensor) that prevents accidental clicks and blanks the screen while the user is on the phone
* Media player for videos, pictures and music, plus BlackBerry Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes and Windows Media Player music with the smartphone
* Vodafone?s music client pre-installed, giving access to an extensive catalogue of artists
* A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls
* Bluetooth (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
* Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
* Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more. Applications developed for the original BlackBerry Storm are fully compatible with the BlackBerry Storm2
* BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support
* Removable, rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks and 280 hours of standby time
BlackBerry OS 5
* More responsive experience and includes usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons and more use of animation
* Typing accuracy and selection have been significantly refined
* Customers running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 will gain the ability to:
o Set follow-up Flags on the handset like they can in Microsoft Office Outlook
o Manage Microsoft Exchange email folders (Add, Rename, Move, Delete) on the handset
o Access remote files shares (Windows Shares); Save, View, Edit, and Email documents from remote file shares
o Forward appointments and view calendar attachments on the handset
o Benefit from wireless sync improvements for Contacts, including sync for multiple contact folders, personal Distribution Lists and contacts in Public/Shared folders
Pricing will be announced by the individual in-country operating companies. As an indication, Vodafone UK will be offering the BlackBerry Storm2 free from ?35 per month on a 24-month contract that includes 600 minutes talk-time, unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service, unlimited text messaging, as well as unlimited access to VMI (Vodafone Mobile Internet) and broadband.
For more information please visit www.blackberry.com/storm
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
HTC Imagnio for Verizon
HTC Pure for AT&T
HTC Touch Pro2 for Verizon
HTC Hero for Sprint
HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint
More News. . .
1 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 3058
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5