MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Bartman

Reged: 10/26/09
iTunes videos on HTC Imagio - HELP!
      #34988 - 10/26/09 01:44 PM

I just purchased and received the HTC Imagio and the main reason for doing this was to be able to watch movies when flying on an airplane (Without having the phone connected to WiFi, cellulare signal, etc.) I want to buy and download or download from purchased DVDs movies onto my 16GB microSD card and play them while flying in airplanes. In the review I read on this site it stated,

"We tested the Imagio with movies encoded at VGA wide screen resolution in MPEG4 format (the same H.264 format that's compatible with the iPhone) and were impressed with the results. This is no multimedia weakling: the Imagio"

Does this mean I could buy and download movies to a 16GB mircoSD card from iTunes and watch them on my phone while flying without converting them or whatever? I am not so tech savy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: iTunes videos on HTC Imagio - HELP! [Re: Bartman]
      #34991 - 10/26/09 05:35 PM

Hello,

Movies purhcased on iTunes have DRM, so they would not work on an Imagio - they can only be played back on iTunes, iPods, and iPhones.

What the review meant is that, if you got an h.264 file without DRM from some other source besides iTunes, it would play on both the Imagio and on an iPhone.

As far as ripping MP4 files from DVD... we used to have pretty comprehensive instructions for this posted here, but since there is a growing consensus that ripping a DVD is illegal because of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, I'm reluctant to say anything further about that now.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3577

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage