MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
jiholl

Reged: 03/30/06
Imagio or Storm 2
      #35094 - 11/10/09 06:23 PM

Hi...our reviews are great..It seemed like you really liked the Imagio...I am torn between these two.....my main needs are great voice phone first. Then relatively easy texting...occasional email, occasional web, etc.... I have tried both in the store and like them both...but there is something about the Imagio that I am really drawn too...the simple strudy design I think...but I am worried about all of the slow, instability issues that are usually reported with WM phones....of course, BB has not been without issues recently...and I am concerned about the long term reliability of the Piezo system on the Storm 2..seems very untested and potentially subject to failure...I guess I am looking for someone to tell me that the Imagio is just to great to pass up...or I will likely get the Storm 2...thanks!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Imagio or Storm 2 [Re: jiholl]
      #35095 - 11/10/09 07:59 PM

We still have our review unit in house and I can tell you I'm going to hate sending it back. It really is a very nice smartphone. Voice quality is good-- no problems there.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

jiholl

Reged: 03/30/06
Re: Imagio or Storm 2 [Re: LisaG]
      #35097 - 11/10/09 08:13 PM

Quote:

We still have our review unit in house and I can tell you I'm going to hate sending it back. It really is a very nice smartphone. Voice quality is good-- no problems there.

Thanks..I assume you are referring to the Imagio Curious, have you had the Unread SMS Count problem? Seems like others report the Touch Flo 3d shows 1 unread message when there really are no unread messages?

So, do you like the Imagio better than the Storm 2? Feedback bery much appreciated.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Imagio or Storm 2 [Re: jiholl]
      #35098 - 11/11/09 09:55 AM

Yes I was meant the Imagio-- sorry to be unclear. No, I don't have the unread SMS bug.

The Storm2 is a great improvement over the first model but I still just don't enjoy the extra motion required to press and move the screen down for each action. It really slows me down, esp. when typing.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Baboon
PDA Addict

Reged: 12/19/06
Re: Imagio or Storm 2 [Re: LisaG]
      #35148 - 11/15/09 07:13 AM

I like the Imagio a lot, but I do have the unread sms bug which is a slight pain. I've found a couple sites that have offered a solution for it, but I just hard reset it and it goes away. I've toyed with Storms and was not a fan. I've also heard a lot of users at work give unfavorable feedback about the Storms. Like mentioned elsewhere, the onscreen typing with the Imagio is nice, the camera is great, wm 6.5 is a nice improvement over 6.1.

My vote would be the Imagio, but its also my phone of choice. Slight bias

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5753

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage