MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
ASUS Releases the ASUS G51J 3D Gaming Notebook with Intel i7 Quad Core and NVIDIA Graphics
      #35187 - 11/19/09 03:47 PM

ASUS today unveiled the ASUS G51J 3D 15.6" gaming notebook with 3D technology and is powered by Intel i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with DDR3 1GB VRAM. Here is more info:

As the first notebook capable of producing realistic 3D visuals in games and videos, the new ASUS G51J 3D is designed to deliver a truly immersive gaming and multimedia experience to gamers everywhere. Equipped with NVIDIA 3D Vision and bundled with specially designed 3D glasses, the ASUS G51J 3D sports an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 video memory. EAX and CMSS audio technology delivers crystal clear sound and compelling environment audio effects through bespoke Altec Lansing speakers. Powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and 64-bit Windows 7 operating system, the ASUS G51J 3D is the weapon of choice for discerning gamers who enjoy gaming-on-the-move.

Immersive Gaming: Bridging the Gap between the Virtual and Reality

Equipped with NVIDIA 3D Vision, the ASUS G51J 3D delivers ultra-realistic graphics that come to life before the user. A pair of 3D Vision active-shutter glasses coupled with a wide-range infra-red emitter delivers stereoscopic images with clarity, brightness and depth-of-field (DOP) at full resolution without any viewing angle restrictions. The GPU driver and a 120Hz 3D panel render each scene twice, delivering up to 60 images evenly to each eye, amounting to a total of up to 120 images at any given time. With up to 400 PC games that work out-of-the-box with 3D Vision, gamers can experience a whole new dimension of gaming never-before seen, with recently released games such as Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Star Trek D-A-C.

A Juggernaut of Power: Multitasking and Gaming Performance

Powered by the latest Intel Core i7 processor for multitasking muscle on-the-move, the ASUS G51J 3D features four dedicated physical cores working in tandem with the operating system and applications for additional performance. It allows users to utilize and launch multiple applications, and to enjoy high definition multimedia and processor-intensive games effortlessly.

ASUS G51J 3D Main Specifications:

Processor
Intel Core i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate/ Home Premium (64-bit)

Chipset
Intel PM55 + ICH9M

Main Memory
DDR3 1066MHz up to 4GB

Display
15".6 HD LED backlight (1366 x 768 , 60/120Hz)

Video Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with DDR3 1GB VRAM

Hard Disk Drive
Dual SATA HDD support
320GB/ 500GB (7200 rpm)
250GB/ 320GB/ 500GB (5400 rpm)

Optical Drive
DVD Super-multi / Blu-ray Combo

Video Camera
Built-in 2 megapixel camera

Dimensions and Weight
375mm x 265mm x 34.3~40.6mm
3.3kg (6-cell battery and single HDD)

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our latest notebook reviews:

HP Envy 15
Lenovo ThinkPad T400s with Multi-touch
HP Mini 311 with NVIDIA Graphics
Sony VAIO W
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2
Toshiba mini NB205

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3491

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage