MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Video review: HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 phone with 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen
      #35207 - 11/22/09 07:30 PM

Update: read our full HTC HD2 review here.

The HTC HD2 is HTC's new flagship phone, and after using it for 5 days I'll say it's one of the best smartphones I've used. The 800 x 480 pixel 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen with haptic feedback is outstanding, and HTC's Sense (their name for the revised TouchFLO 3D UI) works perfectly with it. Sense has a lot of eye candy and Windows Mobile customization, yet it's fast thanks to a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU and 448 megs of RAM. HTC even customized Windows Mobile 6.5 to support its capacitive display since WinMo doesn't yet support it.

Though about the same thickness as the iPhone 3GS, it's even larger in width and height, so it's not the phone for those who want something small and pocketable. Nor is it for budget shoppers since it's available only as a GSM import phone with no carrier subsidy. It sells for an incredible $850 now, though prices may drop. We hope that a US carrier does pick it up, thus dropping the price considerably and adding US 3G, which our Euro HD2 lacks.

Other goodies include a GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm stereo headset jack and a good 5 megapixel camera with autofocus lens and dual-LED flash. This is an unlocked quad band GSM world phone with EDGE and 3G on the Euro bands. That means it runs on EDGE here in the US.

Stay turned for our full written review, and here's our 13 minute video review:

-

Edited by LisaG (12/08/09 06:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10293

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage