Verizon is pushing out the Droid Eris update today. The commercial version is ROM: 1.16.605.1/Radio: 126.96.36.199.09.
Much like the Droid by Motorola, the update will be pushed to a small group of people first then phased in until all the users have the new update. Same process, customers get an alert and accept the download. Should take about a week to reach all consumers.
Just like with the Droid by Motorola, not every person experienced every single issue that is being improved. Here is the list of things that will be impacted by this update.
Enjoy enhanced performance on your Droid Eris with the following updates:
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed.