Notebooks >> Notebooks - Laptops

Pages: 1
owertTarWease

Reged: 01/03/10
Loc: USA
Help: windows 7 activation product...
      #35547 - 01/03/10 12:34 PM

HI, there:
I bought a Dell Laptop with windows 7 home premium a month ago and I reinstalled the system with the windows 7 DVD came with the Laptop. However I don't know I need to activate the windows 7 at that time.
Now after 30 days, I have a problem that, the windows message says that, my activation period has been expired. Even when I tried to input the product key on the Dell laptop, it is said that the product key is invalid.
Would you please tell me what to do except reinstalling the windows 7 if reinstallation can solve this problem.
Thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Help: windows 7 activation product... [Re: owertTarWease]
      #35614 - 01/07/10 11:53 AM

Hello,

Activating Windows is something that takes place after you enter your serial number. Your computer will need to be online, and then it will contact Microsoft over the Internet to verify that your serial number hasn't been used too many times.

If your computer is not online, or if the activation process fails, you will be given a phone number where you can call Microsoft's hotline for further assistance.

If Windows 7 tells you that a serial number is invalid when it shouldn't be, this can sometimes indicate that it is an upgrade serial number but the installer hasn't detected a previous Windows installation on the hard disk.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7385

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage