Today Verizon Wireless and Palm announced the Jan. 25 availability of Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus webOS smartphones. More info on the phones:
Palm Pre Plus has a large, vivid touch screen; high-performance processor; and slide-out keyboard. The Pre Plus keyboard makes for quick and easy typing, while the unique gesture area provides a sleek look and intuitive navigation. Pre Plus also comes with the Palm Touchstone? Back Cover, making the phone compatible with the revolutionary inductive Touchstone Charging Dock (sold separately). Verizon Wireless Pre Plus customers will also get 16 GB of storage (approximately 15 GB user available) for applications and media.
Feature-rich, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus offer Verizon Wireless customers greater flexibility for access to the Internet with Wi-Fi. In addition, the all-new Palm mobile hotspot, a webOS app that can be downloaded from the Palm App Catalog, gives customers the option of creating a personal Wi-Fi cloud capable of sharing the reliability and high-speed Internet connectivity of the Verizon Wireless 3G network with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as notebooks, netbooks, cameras, gaming devices or portable media/MP3 players.
Following are key features and specifications available on both Pre Plus and Pixi Plus:
* webOS - Allows customers to run multiple applications simultaneously and provides over-the-air software updates delivered automatically to their devices
* Palm Synergy - Brings customers' information from the many places it resides into a single, more comprehensive view
* Unobtrusive notifications and universal search
* Palm App Catalog - Currently offers more than 1,000 webOS applications for download
* High-speed connectivity
* Gesture area - Enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation
* Full QWERTY keyboard
* High-performance, desktop-class Web browser
* Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
* Integrated GPS
* Robust messaging support (combining IM, SMS and MMS capabilities)
* E-mail, including EAS (for access to corporate Microsoft Exchange servers) and personal e-mail support (Google Gmail push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP)
* VZ Navigator(SM) - Allows customers to get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
* USB mass storage mode
* Proximity sensor - Automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display when consumers put their phones to their ears
* Light sensor - Reduces power usage by dimming the display if the ambient light is dark
* Accelerometer - Automatically orients Web pages and photos
* Ringer switch - Easily silences the device with one touch
* Removable, rechargeable battery
* Multimedia options, including pictures, video playback and music as well as a camera with LED flash and a standard 3.5 mm headset jack
* Bluetooth? 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
* Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Additional Palm Pre Plus Specs
* 3.0 megapixel camera with LED flash and extended depth of field
* Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
* Dimensions: 2.35" x 3.96" x 0.67"
* Weight: 4.89 ounces
Additional Palm Pixi Plus Specs
* 2.0 megapixel camera with LED flash
* Fixed QWERTY keyboard
* Dimensions: 2.17" x 4.37" x 0.43"
* Weight: 3.26 ounces
* Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Jan. 25. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
* 3G mobile hotspot is a separately-purchased feature added to a voice and data plan.
* For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Ommnia II for Verizon
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
HTC HD2 Unlocked GSM
Palm Pixi for Sprint
Samsung Mondi with WiMAX
Droid Erisby HTC
Motorola DROID for Verizon
Samsung Moment for Sprint
More News. . .
0 registered and 1000 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4077
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5