MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Review: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-900 ebook reader with wireless and touch screen
      #35581 - 01/05/10 04:45 PM

After living with an enjoying the Sony Reader Daily Edition, we're ready with our full review. Sony has been in the mass market ebook reader market the longest but this is their first wireless digital book reader. It has free 3G HSDPA AT&T wireless for book shopping, download and periodical delivery. It also has a 7.1" e-ink display that's easy on the eyes and battery with Sony's special sauce: a touch screen. This is their best touch screen yet and it makes for the most usable ebook reader on the market. You can make handwritten notes, highlights and type with an on-screen keyboard. Other goodies include a dictionary, music player and ePUB support for use with public libraries and Google's million public domain books. This review includes a video review.

Read our Sony Reader Daily Edition review.

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mlump

Reged: 01/07/10
Re: Review: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-900 ebook reader with wireless and touch screen [Re: LisaG]
      #35623 - 01/07/10 05:27 PM

I'm familiar with the offerings for Nook and the Daily Reader. Money is not an issue. If you've had your hands on both, which do you prefer? I just want the best reader that will hold up and have the best staying power. I own a Kindle 2 and plan on keeping it, just want one for open source books, which is worth it to me. Thanks.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Review: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-900 ebook reader with wireless and touch screen [Re: mlump]
      #35625 - 01/07/10 06:57 PM

Personally I'd choose the Daily Reader hands down, having used both. The Nook's dual screen UI isn't very intuitive or convenient, and even after the firmware update it could be faster.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

mlump

Reged: 01/07/10
Re: Review: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-900 ebook reader with wireless and touch screen [Re: LisaG]
      #35629 - 01/07/10 07:27 PM

Thank you. For being new to the post, you've helped me feel "comfortable" here. Great review, by the way.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5150

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage