General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
NAVTEQ to Offer Free Maps to iGo My way 2009 Users on the iPhone
      #35679 - 01/14/10 04:42 PM

NAVTEQ has announced new European maps for iGo My way 2009 navigation software for the iPhone. iGO My way 2009 is Nav N Go's complete door-to-door, turn-by-turn GPS navigation solution for iPhone, bundled with Navteq's maps of Europe and North America. The updates to every edition will be free throughout this year. More about this iPhone navigation software:

iGO My way 2009 highlights:

iGO My way 2009 offers unparalleled 3D visualization quality. Beautifully rendered maps provide instant orientation. Complex junctions are displayed in 3D to provide rapid understanding of your next maneuver while true to life 3D models of famous landmarks and display of the terrain around you ? such as valleys, hills and mountains - combine to provide superior door to door, turn-by-turn navigation.

Avoid getting lost or stuck in dead end roads by updating your maps regularly. Quarterly map updates can be downloaded at no additional cost until the end of 2010.

iGO My way 2009 calculates not only fast, short, and economical route variants, but also easy-to-follow routes, which include fewer and simpler maneuvers, using main roads as much as possible.

Each of the iGO My way 2009 packages includes voice guidance in numerous languages, depending on the desired region you would like to purchase.

Extra large buttons, simple icons, and a truly intuitive interface with streamlined workflow ensure optimized in-car use and maximum attention to the road.

No need to remember road names and house numbers. Save an unlimited number of favorites for a quickstart.

The smart history ?learns? the user?s behavior and habits, and offers a ranked list with the most likely destinations based on the current GPS position, previous routes, day of the week, and time of day.

?Where am I?? - emergency function
Find help in emergency situations! Based on the current GPS position this function displays nearby assistance, such as police stations, break-down services, ATMs, etc.

Select from millions of Points of Interest along your route or at your destination, and you can easily find nearby hotels, restaurants, ATMs, gas stations, etc.

Multi touch screen
You can zoom the map in and out with two fingers - in iPhone style - but for quicker control one-touch operation is also supported.

For a complete list of previous and new features as well as detailed product information please visit www.igomyway.com/en

iGo My way 2009 is available now on the iTunes for $54.99. To purchase iGO My way 2009 visit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navigation-for-north-america-igo/id321933312?mt=8

-----------------------------------------------------

To read our latest phone reviews please visit:

Google Nexus One Android Smartphone
Samsung Ommnia II for Verizon
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
HTC HD2 Unlocked GSM
Palm Pixi for Sprint
Samsung Mondi with WiMAX
Droid Erisby HTC
Motorola DROID for Verizon

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3416

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage