MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Windows Phone

Pages: 1
Christinaherkel

Reged: 02/02/10
HTC 8125....
      #35875 - 02/02/10 11:24 PM

Recently bought an HTC 8125 off of a guy, and while i really like the phone, the operating system is really OLD! He did not give me any software with the phone, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to update the operating system. I'm pretty sure it's running on 2.25 but I'm not sure, I really don't know much about it. Also, I tried hooking it up to my computer but for some reason my computer doesn't pick it up =/ Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HTC 8125.... [Re: Christinaherkel]
      #35883 - 02/03/10 09:51 AM

If you're running Windows 7, download Windows Mobile Device Center to sync with the phone. If you're running a previous version of Windows, download ActiveSync. They're both available from Microsoft's web site for free.

Your HTC 8125 runs the Windows Mobile 5 OS, and there are no new versions of the OS available from HTC or AT&T.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Christinaherkel

Reged: 02/02/10
Re: HTC 8125.... [Re: LisaG]
      #35887 - 02/03/10 08:00 PM

It does not run windows 5, it runs the original one which i think is 2.25. Do you know how to upgrade to windows 5?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HTC 8125.... [Re: Christinaherkel]
      #35909 - 02/06/10 10:09 AM

There was no such thing as Windows Mobile 2.25 or even 2. Your phone model shipped with Windows Mobile 5 and first came out in early 2006. You can learn more about it in our review: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/cingular-8125.htm . There was no OS update offered for that phone, it's CPU was too slow to run newer OS versions and the 8525 came out to replace it instead (that too is long discontinued).

The 2.25 you're seeing might be the ROM version, which is just the firmware version number and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the OS. There are no major new ROM versions available for that phone either.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8703

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage