Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
PDALOVER

Reged: 10/26/02
USB/Serial Sync cable = USB port ?
      #3598 - 10/29/02 02:27 AM

@All,
I was wondering if you connect a USB/Serial Sync cable to an iPAQ, does this mean that you now have an USB port? meaning that all Universal USB devices will work with the iPAQ? To be more specific, I would like to connect my SONY digital camera to the USB cable. Maybe there is already some information on this. Another alternative would be to have the expansion pack for Sony Memory Stick/Compact Flash Sleeve [Big Grin]
only problem is that that they don't have a PC card/Memory Stick combination available. There is allways something!. I am going to buy an iPAQ soon.

[ October 29, 2002, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: PDALOVER ]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: USB/Serial Sync cable = USB port ? [Re: PDALOVER]
      #3599 - 10/29/02 05:57 PM

The iPAQ uses a USB connection to connect to your desktop computer. This doesn't mean it can connect to other kinds of USB devices. That feature is called USB Host capability and only a few PDAs have offered it, such as the Casio E-200 and NEC MobilePro P300. That doesn't mean you can connect to every USB device out there, you'll still need drivers on the PDA to use USB devices.

Your best bet is still an expansion sleeve. There is a $79 sleeve that can accept Memory Sticks and it works very well. It also has a type II CF slot! You can read my review at www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/iPAQ_memplug.htm.

[ October 29, 2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: LisaG ]

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3273

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage