General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
MeanMachine

Reged: 02/12/10
Loc: Canada
Question about HTC S620
      #35976 - 02/12/10 09:55 PM

Hi,

I've had my HTC S620 for about 2 years now and over the past year I've been having problems with the battery. The first incident I had occurred a year ago when I was talking on the phone and all of a sudden everything went completely dead. The battery had said full power, but the phone just died. I figured the battery had been worn out and couldn't conserve power anymore, so I went on ebay and purchased a new one. Great! The battery worked well for about 6 months, but then all of a sudden the phone just died again, even when the power bar said full. When plugged in the phone works fine, but when I talk (and now when I text) for only a few minutes it dies when unplugged.

Could this be an issue with the battery itself or is it my phone? I can't understand how a new battery could only last about 6 months and then barely function. It cost me $30 just to get a new battery shipped to me. I can't be doing that every 6 months.

If there is anyone who can provide me with any information I would truly appreciate it. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Question about HTC S620 [Re: MeanMachine]
      #35978 - 02/12/10 10:55 PM

Was that eBay battery a genuine OEM HTC battery or a knock off? There are lots of no-name and counterfeit batteries on eBay. I'd say there's a chance it's a device problem rather than the battery, but then you should have problems right away and not after 6 months.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

MeanMachine

Reged: 02/12/10
Loc: Canada
Re: Question about HTC S620 [Re: LisaG]
      #35980 - 02/12/10 11:33 PM

It was the real thing. The more I think about it the more I realize it's probably my phone. Too bad, cause I really like the phone. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem if it is my phone, or is it just easier to go out and purchase a new phone?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2991

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage