Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express - free new server software that wirelessly and securely synchronizes BlackBerry smartphones with Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Windows Small Business Server. Here is more info from today's announcement:
The new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software will be provided free of charge in order to address two key market opportunities. First, the software offers economical advantages to small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) that desire the enterprise-grade security and manageability of BlackBerry Enterprise Server but don?t require all of its advanced features. Second, more and more consumers are purchasing BlackBerry smartphones and the free BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software provides a cost-effective solution that enables IT departments to meet the growing demand from employees to be able to connect their personal BlackBerry smartphones to their work email.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2003 to provide users with secure, push-based, wireless access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks, as well as other business applications and enterprise systems behind the firewall. Importantly, the new server software utilizes the same robust security architecture found in BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
With BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express connected to Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to:
* Wirelessly synchronize their email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks
* Manage email folders and search email on the mail server remotely
* Book meetings and appointments, check availability and forward calendar attachments
* Set an out-of-office reply
* Edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using Documents To Go
* Access files stored on the company network
* Use mobile applications to access business systems behind the firewall
For IT administrators, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express also offers the following:
* Runs on the same physical or virtual server as the Microsoft mail server or on its own server. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is also certified for use with VMware ESX
* Over 35 IT controls and policies, including the ability to remotely wipe a smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
* A Web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to install the software, connect BlackBerry smartphones and apply usage policies
BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5 continues to be the recommended solution for deployments that require additional security policies, monitoring features or high availability. BlackBerry Enterprise Server also continues to be required for certain other enterprise solutions such as BlackBerry Mobile Voice System (for bringing desk phone functionality to BlackBerry smartphones), BlackBerry Clients for Microsoft Office Communications Server and IBM Lotus Sametime (for enterprise instant messaging), IBM Lotus Connections (for enterprise social networking), IBM Lotus Quickr (for document sharing and collaboration), and Chalk Pushcast Software (for corporate podcasting).
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is expected to be available as a free download in March. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com/besexpress
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus for Verizon
Google Nexus One Android Smartphone
LG Lotus Elite for Sprint
Samsung Ommnia II for Verizon
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
HTC HD2 Unlocked GSM
Droid Erisby HTC
Motorola DROID for Verizon
More News. . .
0 registered and 454 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 3756
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5